Does God have conscious thought?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Grandma Gudenhi, May 12, 2011.

1. Well you and I are separate, yet connected through the source.

2. #62 KirbyPuckett, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    We are connected by the universe. However, what caused the universe is my "god". Ultimately I believe energy IS god, however matter (or an atoms substance) can be considered isolated from pure energy. It is because of this isolation, that we have our existence, and not just pure energy. Now how this energy created atoms, physics, quantum mechanics, chemistry , biology, astrology, and everything else, I don't think we'll ever understand which is the beauty of it. This is why I believe we waste our time trying to answer questions we will never understand through science. (although I realise it has helped our technology)

3. The source is the condition, free from all conditions, exempt from the laws yet bound by them.

4. Everytime I hear anything about god or religion I always think of this quote; "When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion."

5. Insanity comes from an outside perspective (judgement). People are not required to have the same beliefs to coexist.

6. #66 Nervousness, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Haha. "Have you ever noticed? Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster is a maniac."

7. Yeah, though because religion in general has such a large/diverse mass of followers, it's perceived by the greater number of the population as being normal. Rather than one person suffering from a delusion and claimed being insane, more so because he's a singular unit.

It's just like say, a person wearing a fish on their head as a hat, at first people would be thinking "oh, what a weird cunt", but eventually more people follow the original person, and so then it becomes a trend, and generally, over time, people become accustomed to it, so they perceive this wack idea as being 'normal'..

8. #68 KirbyPuckett, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    Well maybe if people agree with it, then there on to something? Just because these people think there on to something, doesn't mean there insane.

I wouldn't consider us being here a wack idea.. Although it was probably odd for the first creature. It's human nature to try to explain the unknown.