Does getting a little buzzed help you concentrate?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Tokers' started by Sad Panda, Oct 6, 2003.

?

Have you had a similar experience?

1. No. I have no idea what you're talking about.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. You just discovered this NOW?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I've been trying to write this philosophy essay for a pass/fail class all day, but I couldn't get motivated to do it. I mean, I could FAIL this essay, and still pass the class easily.

Finally, I was like, "Screw it. I'll take a hit off the old bong and get back to work." Now, normally I never smoke until I'm finished with all my work, but I wasn't getting anything done any other way.

And it worked! I had written nothing but my name in the 10 hours I was trying to get motivated to write today, and 20 minutes later, I had my introduction all done!

The pot seems to have quieted down my brain from thinking "I don't want to do this. It doesn't even matter." and made it say "Whoa, man. Philosophy is cool. Let's get to work."

Remember: I'm not blazed or anything. I know it's impossible to work when you're blazed. I just took one hit.

Have any of you had similar experiences, or am I just a victim of the placebo effect?

2. i definately find that i can concentrate more on school work or any type of work that is after taking a bong hit or two. I don't know if my motivation is directly from the pot, but whenever i get stoned, i never just sit in my room and do nothing, i'll be writing music, or trying to get to the bottom of some problems i've been having instead of just dwelling on them, or like you said, i'll concentrate and pay more attention to my school work and i can write a damn good paper. I'm sure others can agree with me here.

3. this reminds me of my freshmen year, when i would smoke for lunch and go to math and ace all my test, but i would get bad grades when i was dry for lunch///but i did better sober in woodshop though

4. For a subject like philosophy I could see this helping. My math skills, on the other hand, are diminished after I smoke. So I guess is subject-specific.

5. for sure my reports are all done high
    never got lower than a c so i cant complain
    i function high most of the time
    i mean i get high every hour
    so i stay high

6. totally!!! when i took my medical terminology course i tried to smoke before i studied once lol .....no go! all memorization! should of known better, so i didn't smoke for the remainder of the course and passed with a 98%average:D!

7. Does getting a little buzzed help you concentrate?

absolutely.
    but i don't reccomend doing it for something you dont like doing. it only helps if you have at least a little interest in what you're doing in the first place.

8. I say no because it makes the day go by slow,i get hungy and sleepy,i build houses so i cant fuck up on somebodys home just not me.
    wait till i get home to smoke myself out the right way.

9. Canabis sativa has been used as a work aid by many cultures.

10. lol but u don't want ur house cavin in:D!

11. Me doc said that people with ADD self medicate themselves with weed...

12. i just love ur avatar lacrossestar.....*sigh*

13. Im the same way with most things. I know I THINK Im better when Im totally plowed, but I KNOW Im better with only 1 or 2 hits. I usually only take one as motivation so I do it faster so I can get ripped sooner. :D

14. blazing helps me focus in all but math cuz in complex problems I'll forget what i was doin. and for whoever brought up ADD i think thats true. I have ADD and took first semester using adderall (common ADD medication) and second semester using bud and my grades were the same.

15. I have a masters degree in the teaching of history and I have found cannabis to be great for ending writers block. But just a little hitter or bowl. I would roll a fatty for my reward when the essay was finished and go over to my friends trailer and blaze up with my boys.

Grasscity Deals Near You