Does everything happen for a reason?

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 281310, Jul 8, 2017.

1. I'm high but it sound about right to me lol

2. Since no one has named a single thing that has happened without a reason I think we can conclude the answer is YES, everything happens for a reason, even when the guy spilled bong water on himself. Water goes by gravity so there was a very good reason the bong water spilled on him, he was downhill.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Einstein once said that 'Quantum physics' is an unfinished picture. I totally agree with him there. If probability exists, then everything has to be determined. It's run by probability. likelihood. Anyways, you can't have ACCESS TO EVERYTHING. That would entail free-will, but that's not the case. Our intellect is one of the components of the brain that drives our actions and thinking. A retard acts accordingly. A child acts accordingly. A genius acts accordingly.

Anyways, lay back and enjoy this crazy movie. That's all one can do :/

4. Technology can change who you are. Sure thing. :) Just remember we've made that decision from our current chemical state. So who are u to say it's not determined? Using technology could be the plan of the nature.

5. I subscribe to the idea that everything does happen for a reason.

6. we live in the present, the future and past are non existent, just constructs of the human brain and civilized intelligent society

7. I believe existence precedes essence like sartre said.

8. I wish but here's the reality, you can find a reason to support ANYTHING if anything happens. I could give you twenty reasons why a bird flying across the sky overhead of me is a bad thing. And 20 more why they're good, from simple perspective differences.

Or you could argue why weed is bad, there are many reasons why it could be, or you could argue why weed is good, plenty of reasons for that too. What I'm saying is, you can literally formulate a reason for ANYTHING in the world happening to be good or bad, regardless of whether it's actually good or bad.

Optimists would say when something bad happens to look at the bright side. Pessimists would say it's reality and you need to suck it up. Optimists find good reasons, pessimists find bad.

Reasons are meaningless because we are what give reason meaning. It makes much more sense that everything is random, rather than happened for a reason. To give some moral teaching to humans. One thing I've learned is nature itself has no morals. None. All nature knows is chaos and creation.