Does every seed germinate ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OrangeRaver, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Will every type of seed germinate, even those found in weed zip bags...?

2. No every seed germinates (depending on maturity and other things :confused: ) But yes, bagseed germinate, and its definitely worth a try :)

3. It's about 50/50 IMO and of those about 50% actually become female, good luck

4. So whats the chance of a hermie? Or can hermies only be obtained by affecting its growth whilst its veging?

5. I doubt you'll find a seed that is genetically hermie in a bag.

Plants are more likely to turn hermie near the end of their cycle. The more you stress your plants, the likelier it is your girls will grow balls.

6. But is it possible?

7. yes, anything is possible. lol. just like its possible your seed may or may not pop. also, think about it like this, if its dank, the plant may have hermied through genetics and thats why your dank has seeds. if its just regs and mids, then odds are they wont be hermies because there is an abundance of male pollen. i also find that bagseed germinates really easily. i have better rates of germ than the seeds i got from breeding plants. NL#5 x haze and skunk #1 x haze. i say go for it. 50/50 shot the seed pops. 50/50 shot its a male. 60% chance you will kill the plant while its still growing due to noob mistakes. and 95% chance of free buds if its female and you dont kill it. no matter how big it ends up, you will get some bud, and unless you get mold, it will mature.

8. Shame all the bag seeds i get are dead >.> bloody bs. Thanks for that cleared it all up heh.

9. seeds from a hermi plant = femenized

10. I agree with theiceman. If it's only one see in a QP, it might be a hermie but a seed from some obviously male pollinated bud (bud with tons of seeds) are not as likely to turn.

However, every plant has it within them to hermie. Just don't stress it by having light leaks/changing the light schedule too much/etc.

11. yea. all i was getting at are some breeders didnt get the plants stable, and they tend to hermie at a shocking rate. like, 90%. and i think its mainly some of the shoddy nirvana seeds and the seedsman seeds. lol. and no, hermi plants dont = femenized. you have to take the pollen sacs off a hermi plant, and find another plant, that is not a clone of or the plant that hermied. and pollinate the different plant with the hermi pollen. if a hermi pollinates itself, then it passes on a hermi gene. you can look under the breeding section in the cultivation section.

12. That's a suprise.... I'm always amazed at the percentage of seeds I find in bags that I get to germinate. I'd say easily 60-70 percent of seeds I've tried from bags have germinated

13. how do you try to germinate them? maybe you should look in the grower section and try a few methods they have to get seeds to pop. unless you get brick weed and they are all white and busted:(

14. this

i've had the best luck with just the old fashioned way, throwin in a damp paper towel in a bag, in a cool dark place.

usually at least 80 percent

15. Yep spot on, their always white or light green, i have had several attempts at germinating them but none ever worked, and to top that off ive never received any of the seeds ive ordered (some of which from attitude.) Shitty bud, shitty customs. :(

Edit: oh and the technique i use is 2 most paper towels, seeds then 2 more paper towels and leave in a warm dark place.

16. talk to this guy and see how he gets seeds. he is in Australia, he might have a a company that works he can tell you about. just dont be rude when asking and if he says no, then oh well. http://forum.grasscity.com/members/254051-reggieg.html he has a grow going on right now i think. or, he did. im not sure. but like i said, he might be able and willing to help you. just pm him and tell him your issues. dont ask for seeds, just see if he can recommend a company that ships discretely to Australia.

17. :D Thanks a ton!