Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does eating beforehand get you less high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Billy Mays, Jan 9, 2009.

1. I know that when your baked eating a ton of food can make you comedown relatively fast. I can't remember if its due to the lowering of blood pressure or what.

Anyways, does that mean if you eat a ton before you smoke your high won't be as intense or last as long? I've wondering if I should smoke maybe an hour or two after a meal as to avoid munchies and yet not be hungry.

Sleep time, peace. :smoking:

2. I've only noticed a difference if I eat alot of foods with more or less than usual sugar.

But unless its baked goods I don't think theres a difference. Of course I haven't really taken notes while smoking so I could be wrong haha.

3. i have noticed if i'm full like when drinking alcohol i do tend to get high less but what i do to compensate is smoke more lol which is always better! lol have fun smoking man :smoking:

4. i dunno man. i usually make sure i have a good amount of food in my stomach before tokin up. seems to curb my insane munchies sometimes and makes my high better

5. I've heard that eating after your high increases your metabolism, and that's why it brings you down faster. I don't remember hearing or reading anything about blood pressure :confused: Anyway, I've found that eating about 15 mins to an hour before getting high is the best way to stay high the longest and not have crazy munchies.

6. eating doesnt have any effect on how high you get from smoking. when you smoke a substance it goes directly into your bloodstream so why would eating have any effect?

7. real smokers eat before they smoke...eating before you smoke will PREVENT those munchies...eating alot while stoned makes your hihg fade quicker....so eat beforehand!

8. well for me its been tradition or more of a habit to smoke before i eat, but from all my drug research ive found that all drugs are more effective on an empty stomach

plus when the munchies hits the food tastes 2x better!

9. Munchies is part of the fun, I was fuckin some Doritos up lastnite. :)

10. very true, i have also fucked some doritos up stoned, good times! BUT a shorter buzz...

11. I don't have a house to smoke in, so munchies are inconvenient and pretty damn expensive (considering I blow what cash I have on green). I just try and eat beforehand, since I actually feel like I can enjoy my high without having to worry about sucking down pure shit.

12. You are thinking about low blood sugar, not low blood pressure and no, eating before you smoke makes not one bit of difference.