Does dryimg bud stink up the house?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Jamo16, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Im doing around a 10 plant secret grow outdoors and my only problem is where I should dry these babies? I have this little room under my stairs to the basement that would be nice because it will keep a nice cool,consistent temp. But will

2. Yea its gona smell quiete a bit but not as near as wen you cure the bud

3. It stink up the whole house?

Damn touch screen phones

4. What if it was cured in a closed trash can or tub using the calcium choride method?

5. it will stink and maybe even taste/smell a little bit like the room you dried it. my friend dried his outdoor harvest in an old army tent and the bud was kind of gross

6. #6 Dirtbud, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
    Are you trying to hide this from the people you live with? If not just deal with the stink for the ~5 days it takes to dry it to the point to where it's ready to jar cure. The jars will hold in the stink really good.

If you are trying to hide it from everyone just do the best you can drying it outdoors. I would not leave it in a bag or tote for longer than a few hours after being cut. Mold can start to set in pretty quickly. Perhaps a shed. Or maybe a carbon filter/ona/ionizer would let the basement idea work. Look into odor control methods. You are talking about 5 days here so maybe something can get you by for that long in the odor control department.

7. Ya im trying to hide it from my roommates. The whole basement smells like cat piss anyways so a couple febreeze things will prob work

8. it only reeks for a few days.