Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does drinking water reduce tolerance?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Lopz, Apr 9, 2013.

1. i weight 60kg, 1,84m high.
    i smoke on a daily basis and i'd like to know if with that build would drinking a gallon of water throught the day help reducing weed tolerance at all.
    i will start working out next month.

2. straight to the point, kudos.

3. no not really. reducing fat intake might

4. Nope, it'll help keep you alive though.

5. You guys should have said yes so he'd do something healthy for himself

6. You should drink water regardless man.

7. In theory it does, since it flushes out your system.

8. Okay, but your "system" is not your tolerance. Water will flush our your digestive tract and the such, but tolerance is based off receptors in the brain. Drinking water does not affect the receptors at all.

9. About as much as breathing...

10. maybe your theory but in real life it doesnt.

11. Doubt it has an impact, but you should drink a lot of water anyway just because it's good for you. I find that the more water I drink, the better I feel. If I drink a lot of water one day I wake up feeling better than I normally would

12. Can I add another question? What about that myth I always hear about if you drink water before exhaling your toke you get higher? Any truth to that? Or is it just because your holding it in for longer.

13. Who comes up with stupid myths like this? :confused:

No drinking water before exhaling doesn't make you higher. If you're holding in the hit for a while while doing this you might get a headrush and feel like you're getting higher, but in reality you're just depriving your brain of oxygen.

14. I know. I hate crazy myths but you got to ask. Infact I hear that myth a few times on here.

15. #16 Cuhpcakes, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
    Well if you think it does, go for it!

You should drink at least two liters of water a day, and make sure you're always hydrated. If your pee is yellow, this means you're not properly hydrated and should drink more water. Your pee should be clear, almost identical to the color of water.

However, do not drink unfiltered Tap Water. The reason it tastes very different from clean water is because they are corroded with nasty chemicals.

Also, avoid drinking too much water, this will cause you to be Overhyrdrated; which, is a very serious illness.