Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does drinking alcohol make you higher?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 0_riginal, Dec 31, 2014.

1. I've heard that drinking makes you alot higher, is that true?

2. Nope, it numbs you from your high.

Also, you shouldn't be drinking and smoking at your age.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. I don't think it makes you an higher, it will just make you trip harder I believe.  The added stupidity that comes with being drunk just couples the high you receive from smoking.

4. Most people get more drunk when mixed, i lose the high and only feel alcohol, to me its a waste of weed.

5. Holy party police.... It's all good to do, just sometimes hard to find the balance if u drank to much... Although I like to get really high before I crack a bttl of whiskey it gets me into that party mood plus it helps that first shot go down smooth. This is just me tho, might be diffrent for you esp if u have never tried it. If u plan on doing it for the first time I would say get high first then start drinking n keep that high, don't get drunk then smoke weed might be a lil over powering

Party at my house

6. So why do people mix the 2 then?

7. You can feel both the buzz and the high (most people), but alcohol does nothing to make you feel more high.

You might be too young to be aware of the 2 different intoxications at a younger age, it might just feel like 1 high.

8. I'm fairly certain (100%) that drinking...wait for it...gets you drunk. And smoking gets you high. /thread

9. If you do it wrong, you'll wind up with one hell of a hangover! I've seen folks do it! Chose one or the other....preferably NOT the alcohol! That crap will kill you!  :gc_rocks:

10. It's not a fun feeling if you over do it... Not a suggestion from me. If just stick to bud, plus it's better for you and you won't get a gnarly hang over

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. At times when I am high I have 1-2 beers for a nice buzz affect.  It doesn't make you higher. Logically, both weed and alcohol are both depressants with different effects. Obviously, weed is more relaxing and sedating while alcohol can cause a terrible hangover and uncontrollable behavior at times. If there is too much, you can black out.  I've never gotten sick getting high and drinking.. Moderation is key.

12. lol it wont make you higher, it will make you crossfaded :metal: :laughing:

13. No, drinking makes you more drunk. Smoking makes you higher.

Weren't you paying attention in D.A.R.E.??

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. #14 tetoleetd, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
    mixing weed and alcohol is fun but it doesnt really make you more high, it just combines the high and the alcohol buzz together to form something awesome. just dont over do it. i suggest smoking first then chilling for a bit before you start drinking. then drink at a normal pace and dont over do it.

15. drinking alcohol makes you drunk

16. yeah man thats the way to do it.

i would never suggest smoking after you drink . even if you are experienced with both it can still just hit you like a ton of bricks and make your head spin. smoking first is the way to go.

17. Couple nice IPA's.
    A fine habano.
    Some herb.
    Nice evening.   :smoking:

18. I never get high without drinking, been doing it for over 40 years. [​IMG][​IMG] It's the definition of "fucked up."

I highly recommend it.

[​IMG]     [​IMG]

19. Does smoking weed make you drunker?

Party at my house

20. People here are getting caught up in the semantics of "high." Either way, the whole is definitely greater than the sum of its parts when you consume some of both.