Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does coughing get you higher?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jackman6123, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Well my friend says coughing will get you higher because the smoke gets more THC in your lungs when u cough after taking a hit. Thoughts on this?

2. Lack of oxygen and thats it.

3. i don't know if it has so much to do with the thc or simply, the lack of oxygen that results from coughing.

i think i feel higher when i cough but i'm pretty sure it's just from inhaling so much smoke that your brain is temporarily deprived of all the oxygen it needs. it just makes you lightheaded, which inhaling any kind of smoke would do.

4. You gotta cough to get off;)
    I dont believe it, but thats the saying....:smoking:

5. When I smoke sometimes, I get a bit of a headache from the smoke or lack of oxygen. When I force myself to cough for about 15 seconds, the headache goes away and I feel great.