Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does coughing actually get you higher?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by GetStonedOrDie, Sep 14, 2012.

1. I've heard this a lot. I think it's pretty much a "no" but I figure there's no harm in asking. Does coughing ACTUALLY get you higher? Or is it just the oxygen deprivation from an intense coughing fit?

2. No, it doesn't get you any higher. 02 depriv can def make you feel dizzy

3. Are you 12?

Hell man, maybe you should hold it in for as long as you can while you're at it,.

4. I heard that it does because coughing cause your heart to work harder so the thc flows through your blood faster... Idk I always kindof thought it was BS but o well coughing isn't bad just a way to get shit out of your lungs

5. Yeah,that's what I thought. I figured it was just oxygen deprivation but I saw no harm in asking. Much weirder shit is true.

6. I heard it makes you 10 times more higher, lol :smoking:

I feel a bit more lifted after a good cough, I must admit. Yeah it's oxygen deprivation, but come on, who hasn't had one of those "ohh fuck" moments when that milk hit turned into half and half (thick smoke)...cough like crazy, then you get real light headed and SUPER blazed.

:bongin:

7. You all realize it takes our bodies about 2-5 minutes with ZERO OXYGEN to have symptoms
    Of oxygen deprivation right? Even when your hitting a bowl your getting SOME oxygen.

8. Listen.

Youre sober.
    You take bong rip.
    YOu cough heavily.
    During the couging fit you arent going to be thinking "wow that was a nice hit this sure is a nice head rush i think ill take another" haha you wont realize the effects of the weed while coughing and youll be like "omfgahhhhhhhhcoughcough etc etc".
    Then once you stop coughing, youll realize how high you are and then be like "omgz im so totz higher than normal this is some super fire dank cheese ultra weed!!!"

• Like Like x 1

9. Hold your breath for 60 seconds and tell me theres no symptoms..... unless i misunderstood your post, it doesnt make sense to me.

10. [quote name='"AlwaysDizzy"']

Hold your breath for 60 seconds and tell me theres no symptoms..... unless i misunderstood your post, it doesnt make sense to me.[/quote]

I can honestly tell you I can hold my breathe for 60 seconds without symptoms. But I'm not obese.

11. From my experience, coughing usually happens after a really big hit. It's probably that big hit you sucked down rather than the coughing that gets your high in top gear though.

12. its because the rapid access of oxygen that enters the system when you cough the rush of oxygen makes the cannaboids rush to your brain quicker due to raised heart rate.

13. haha making that my sig

14. I had an ex-tweaker tell me in a session, "If you don't cough, you don't get off!"

15. i feel as though i get more "stoned" when i cough

16. I agree
    like,
    I think it just gets you as high as you would be without coughing, but faster. more of a rush cuz of your heartbeat
    or something

17. more smoke = more coughing
    more smoke = more high
    more smoke = more coughing = more high

The "more smoke" is causing two things to happen

18. [quote name='"AlwaysDizzy"']Listen.

Youre sober.
    You take bong rip.
    YOu cough heavily.
    During the couging fit you arent going to be thinking "wow that was a nice hit this sure is a nice head rush i think ill take another" haha you wont realize the effects of the weed while coughing and youll be like "omfgahhhhhhhhcoughcough etc etc".
    Then once you stop coughing, youll realize how high you are and then be like "omgz im so totz higher than normal this is some super fire dank cheese ultra weed!!!"[/quote]

This.

19. Does it cause your lungs to bleed and the thc gets in the blood more?

20. [quote name='"Emrich"']Does it cause your lungs to bleed and the thc gets in the blood more?[/quote]

Dude just think. Think just a little and you wouldn't ask this. If you couldn't answer your own question using common sense I'll still answer it for you.

Using some logic and common sense I came to this conclusion. If your lungs were to bleed when you coughed you would end up not being able to breathe. The blood in the lungs would be constricting your breathing. Plus if you were to bleed into your lungs you wouldn't stop coughing until you cough out blood and cough out all the blood that's in your lungs.

• Like Like x 1