Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does coconut oil taste like coconut?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Internetz, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I hear people touting the benefits of making edibles with coconut oil. But does it make things taste like coconut? I'm not particularly fond of that flavor.

2. Yes but a very mild amount, not over-welming. Just use something else to make your batch with. I made Canna-Butter with my ABV material and keep it in the freezer. Saturday I made a grilled cheese sandwich and used C-B on one side and reg butter on the other. I used a bit too much C-B and was blazed for 4 hours.

3. Depends on how you make it. When I use the traditional method of weed and oil, the taste for me is neutral. Doesn't taste or smell like coconut with some weed smell but not taste. I didn't really like making my coconut oil like that so I started to use the solvent transfer method where you transfer your thc from Green Dragon into the coconut oil. I have found that the full coconut flavor and aroma remain intact. However, when I made brownies with it, the brownies came out with a full coconut flavor that overpowers all else. That's fine if you like coconut but if you're not expecting it or don't like, that wouldn't be for you. As long as you make it one of the standard ways, you should be ok with neutral flavor.

4. Check out BadKittySmilies sticky in the top of the edibles portion of the forums.

:)