Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does clearing burn your throat?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Andrewyd4038, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Whenever I use my spoon and release the carb or use my bong and pull the slide, I end up choking and feeling my throat tickle/burn. Does anyone else not like releasing the carb? Is there any way to avoid this? On blunts I usually take a pull in my mouth and then inhale. It helps me not cough.

2. i rarely have this problem. My friends and I always release the carb or pull out the slider right before are lungs are full. We hold that hit. Then we take another hit to clear it. Is that what you are doing?

3. Wen i first started using a sooon this used to happen to me but your throat will git used to it.

4. If it hurts your throat then simply don't release the carb. Or you can release the carb but inhale very slowly so that you don't take more than you can handle. Just sounds like you haven't been smoking very long and you aren't used to it yet?

5. I've been smoking well over a month, I guess I'm not used to it yet.

6. Yeah took me a long time to be able to clear a bong also. Those crazy harsh hits though are what get you super faded :p

7. Don't torch the bid in the bowl if you can't handle it. Dry pipes are... Dry

And If that's your dog in your avatar he's cute =D

8. You'l get used to it.

9. Just takes time dude

10. #10 Andrewyd4038, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016

11. I know what you mean - I prefer spliffs, but out of a spoon seems a LOT more harsh to me...I've found that if you don't clear it and go back to it it's a bit better...

12. more you cough the more you get off..