Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does chroinc lower blood pressure

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by smoker135, Aug 12, 2010.

1. i know dat weed raises ur blood pressure but ive read some recent articles saying dat chronic actually lowers blood pressure i asked it on cha cha nad it said it lowers it a little, does it???? thanks :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

2. I think it raises your blood pressure but I'm not sure, I know a person who is a daily smoker and already had 3 heart attacks and he seems to think MJ helped him... A lot...

3. did it say that cannabis hepled with your resting blood pressure? because smoking raises it temporarily im sure considering its a vasodilator

4. it gets raised im pretty sure. after i smoke i can feel my heart beat going a lot faster

5. Dudes, quit the freakin' speculation! Get the facts! (From my latest "Granny's List") You'd already know all this stuff, if you had bothered to check my list! :cool:)

BLOOD PRESSURE

Reduction by Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol in the blood pressure of hypertensive rats bearing regenerated adrenal glands (full - 1973)
    Reduttion by

Cannabinoids. II. Cardiovascular Effects (full - 1980)
    Sign In

Effect of marihuana on intraocular and blood pressure in glaucoma (full - 1980)
    Effect of marihuana on intraocular and blood pressure in glaucoma

Glaucoma, hypertension, and marijuana. (full - 1982)
    Glaucoma, hypertension, and marijuana.

Anandamide and delta 9-THC dilation of cerebral arterioles is blocked by indomethacin (abst - 1995)
    Anandamide and delta 9-THC dilation of cerebral arterioles is blocked by indomethacin -- Ellis et al. 269 (6): H1859 -- AJP - Heart and Circulatory Physiology

Cannabinoid-Induced Hypotension and Bradycardia in Rats Is Mediated by CB1-Like Cannabinoid Receptors (full - 1997)
    Cannabinoid-Induced Hypotension and Bradycardia in Rats Is Mediated by CB1-Like Cannabinoid Receptors

Body's 'cannabis' could hold blood pressure key (news - 1998)
    UKCIA

Endocannabinoids and Vascular Function (full - 2000)
    Endocannabinoids and Vascular Function

Endogenous cannabinoids mediate hypotension after experimental myocardial infarction (full - 2001)
    Endogenous cannabinoids mediate hypotension after experimental myocardial infarction -- Wagner et al. 38 (7): 2048 -- Journal of the American College of Cardiology

Cardiovascular Effects of Cannabis (news- 2003?)
    Cardiovascular Effects of Cannabis

Endocannabinoids Acting at Cannabinoid-1 Receptors Regulate Cardiovascular Function in Hypertension (full - 2004)
    Endocannabinoids Acting at Cannabinoid-1 Receptors Regulate Cardiovascular Function in Hypertension

Blood pressure regulation by endocannabinoids and their receptors
    (full - 2005)
    Blood pressure regulation by endocannabinoids and their receptors

Cardiovascular Pharmacology of Cannabinoids (full - 2005)
    Cardiovascular Pharmacology of Cannabinoids

Influence of Anandamide, the Endogenous Agonist of Cannabinoid Receptors on the Circulatory System (abst - 2005)
    Influence of Anandamide, the Endogenous Agonist of Cannabinoid Receptors on the Circulatory System - Medical Journals - Healia

Further Characterization of the Time-Dependent Vascular Effects of Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (full - 2006)
    Further Characterization of the Time-Dependent Vascular Effects of

Lowering Of Blood Pressure Achieved Through Use Of Hashish-Like Drug
    (news - 2006)
    Lowering Of Blood Pressure Achieved Through Use Of Hashish-like Drug

Cannabis to lower blood pressure! (news - 2006)
    Cannabis to lower blood pressure!

The in vitro and in vivo cardiovascular effects of {Delta}9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in rats made hypertensive by chronic inhibition of nitric oxide synthase.
    (full - 2007)
    The in Vitro and in Vivo Cardiovascular Effects of

Cardiovascular effects of cannabinoids in conscious spontaneously hypertensive rats (full - 2007)
    Cardiovascular effects of cannabinoids in conscious spontaneously hypertensive rats

Acute hypertension reveals depressor and vasodilator effects of cannabinoids in conscious rats (full - 2008)
    Acute hypertension reveals depressor and vasodilator effects of cannabinoids in conscious rats

Modulation of the Endocannabinoid System in Cardiovascular Disease
    (full - 2008)
    Modulation of the Endocannabinoid System in Cardiovascular Disease

Endocannabinoids, blood pressure and the human heart. (full - 2008).
    Endocannabinoids, Blood Pressure and the Human Heart - Sarzani - 2008 - Journal of Neuroendocrinology - Wiley Online Library

That should answer all your questions about cannabis and high blood pressure!

EDUCATE YOURSELVES! :hello:

Get your own FREE copy of my list! See the email addy at the bottom of my sig? Use it! And then you won't have to guess, or possibly make a fool of yourself with a wrong answer- you'll have the medical FACTS!

Granny (who hasn't had her :smoke: yet this morning)

6. I've had high blood pressure for almost 20 years. Pot does NOT raise my blood pressure at all. In fact, it actually lowers it slightly. Usually only drops my systolic pressure about 5 points. Not enough for me to quit my blood pressure medication but I guess every bit helps.