Does CBD (no THC) work or is it a placebo effect?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by greenops, Aug 8, 2018.

?

CBD (THC under 0.3%): Effective or Placebo?

1. Effective

100.0%
  2. Placebo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hey guys,

I'm trying to do a survey on the effectiveness of CBD with THC under 0.3%.

After a quick search on google I found a few posts claiming placebo effects on CBD with no or low THC (under 0.3%). Even here I come across similar posts.

Assuming, you didn't get your CBD from a snake oil producer...

For what ailments did you take CBD? (e.g. pain, anxiety, depression, cancer treatment etc?)

What type of CBD products did you take? (e.g. Gummies, capsules, vape, oil)

What dosage?

Please describe how the CBD treatment affected your symptoms?

Did you feel the desired effects?

Are you continuing using CBD? Is it worth the price?

Thanks!

2. #2 ExGrunt, Aug 10, 2018 at 11:54 AM
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 3:31 PM
    Over here in Germany, they recently passed a law that allows medical marijuana for certain health problems. (Low THC - high CBD)
    Unfortunately it's very hard to qualify for, and if you do qualify, the insurance might not pay and it costs 400€ a month. Having said that, a friend of mine did qualify and I was able to test it because my hips are going out and I have pain and often extreme pain. I tried it first with the normal aching I have and then again with the extreme pain.

My verdict: no pain relief in either situation. Not even a little bit.

On the other hand, weed with low CBD and high THC was (in my case) a different story; I still had the pain but it didn't bother me as much cause I was "thinking"
    about so much other stuff and generally a happy (stoned) camper.

I would be interested in other people's experiences!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Whether the use of CBD for pain is placeboic or not, its proven usefulness as a medicine in treating non-pain related conditions is well known. This from Harvard Health Publishing at Harvard medical school:

"Marijuana without the high
    Least controversial is the extract from the hemp plant known as CBD (which stands for cannabidiol) because this component of marijuana has little, if any, intoxicating properties. Marijuana itself has more than 100 active components. THC (which stands for tetrahydrocannabinol) is the chemical that causes the “high” that goes along with marijuana consumption. CBD-dominant strains have little or no THC, so patients report very little if any alteration in consciousness.

Patients do, however, report many benefits of CBD, from relieving insomnia, anxiety, spasticity, and pain to treating potentially life-threatening conditions such as epilepsy. One particular form of childhood epilepsy called Dravet syndrome is almost impossible to control, but responds dramatically to a CBD-dominant strain of marijuana called Charlotte’s Web. The videos of this are dramatic."

I think the effectiveness of CBD treatment is proven and becoming more accepted in mainstream medicine every day.

As for me... I use CBD-heavy weed for anxiety. I find it highly effective.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Saw a documentary on a little girl who had severe seizures. They tried all the conventional medicine. Nothing worked. CBD did the trick. No seizures!

As for severe pain, didn’t work for me

• Like Like x 2
  5. As far as CBD goes, I recommended Epidiolex to a lady at work whose little girl had seizures real bad, despite being on medication. Seizures went bye-bye. She even gave me a hug and shit and told me thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Strictly in terms of osteoarthritis, CBD is effective as an anti-inflammatory, acting as an analgesic in cases where the pain is secondary, due to inflammation. Osteoarthritis progresses from early stages with inflammation-induced pain to direct joint damage pain in later stages.

Speaking of any one specific joint as it stands at any one point in time, my experience would jive with exgrunt's description. I have numerous osteoarthritis issues and different parts in different stages. So my medication strategy involves basically focusing on CBD strains to keep inflammation down allowing me to be more comfortable moving around during the day. Then I use THC strains in the evening to tamp the primary pain, allowing better sleep.

Edibles are the only way I've found to get substantial relief from chronic pain, whether it comes from inflammation or from direct bodily damage. Inhaled simply doesn't last long enough and basically gives you an all-day-long roller coaster ride unless you are constantly huffing a vape, pipe or joint.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I think one of the biggest problems with the 50 state legal CBD is lack of good dosing information. Many products have a label that recommends 10mg/day which is laughable for controlling pain. I found the CBD containing less than 0.3% THC to be very effective and for me that requires between 90-150 mg/day.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. wow interesting

• Like Like x 1
  9. its ben proven that cbd and thc plus cbn, and many other compounds in cannabis work together to allievate problems . Alone no one cannaboid can take care of your pain may help but not as much. I like vapeing rosin myself .

10. adding just a few mg of THC into any CBD formula will make that formula @ least 75% better.

CBD has a much lower binding affinity than THC ,and THC activates the binding Assays of the Pi values in the nano-molar range.
    CBD used in high doses will eventually build up to a threshold of bio-availability with the CBD putting antagonistic pressure on the cannabinoid receptors

Grasscity Deals Near You