Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does bud location on plant affect potency?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EHLE, Apr 29, 2010.

1. I recently picked up an oz of some fire and within the oz were plenty of lower buds from the plant and also the top buds of the plant weighing around 6g each.

Would these larger buds be any more potent due to being the main flowering buds of the plant or is tric/crystal coverage and potency all the same throughout the plant?

Thanks

2. Hmmm....That is a good question....

3. The top of colas are definitely more resinous and usually the best looking because the top of the plant (indoors especially) receives the most light and becomes the best developed. The bottoms don't usually look as good and are darker.

but i dunno. im talking outta my ass right now but i think i read something along those lines before. can a real grower or someone who knows the logistics correct me?

4. I would say Yes. :)

5. #5 YoungDirk, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010
    I've heard pretty much the same thing, although I never thought to connect it to the amount of light exposure. It makes sense, and they buds on the tip of the colas definitely look the best. When I used to sell, the more serious potheads usually asked for the buds on top. Whether or not there's any difference in THC/cannaboids that affects the smoking, I don't know for sure.

btw, KOBE SUCKS. :)

6. Well. The top of the plant receives more light. More light means healthier area. More energy to produce trichomes. So yes. I would say so.

But then again there are LST and ScrOG methods where you position the plant where there is not a single top. Thus there are larger areas of bigger and healthier buds.

7. I would say the cola buds would be slightly more potent because it's getting more light and developing more, but I've never grown so my guess is as good as yours.