Does bud growth stop?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by youngandstupid, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Does bud growth ever stop or slow down during flowering? Like towards the end I know that the trichs change color but do they do this while the bud is still growing or does the bud just stop growing at some point then the trichs change? I have just been wondering this lately since I'm 1/5 through flowering and if I should expect my buds to be 5 times larger by the end of this grow or not. Thanks.

2. i think that the buds just start from growing than towards the end of the flowering they stop growing which is when you notice the trichs are 50% cloudy 50% clear or whatever your preference is

3. Damn I hope you're wrong or that my buds pick up in pace.

4. anyone else have an idea?

5. after a certain point they stop growing upward, but start to fill in and get more dense.

6. Since marijuana is an annual it only lives one life and dies at the end of it's life cycle. Growth gradually slows in the final days of the plants life. Just because you are 1/5th of the way into your flowering cycle does not necessarily mean your buds will be 5x the size in the end. Many many factors contribute to bud development including temperature, co2, nutrients, genetics. If you tell me what strain your growing I might be able to shed a little more light on your problem if I didn't already answer your question. The point is, be patient. Your buds might look small now but wait another month and you'll be pleasantly suprised.

7. just like the phrase " a watched pot never boils", a watched nugget doesn't get bigger. if you let them alone for three or four days then check on them you'll be suprised at how much bigger they seem.

8. I'm growing Oasis seeds that a friend bought up in Canada.

Yeah I experienced that yesterday, I hadn't checked on em for 1.33 days and I could def see a dif.

I think I'm going to make another CO2 maker, hopefully it will work this time since last time was an utter failure and I know not why. Thanks for all the input gents and gentesses :).

9. An article I read a little while back, had an interesting part in it. Towards the end of the flowering cycle, switch back to 24 hours of light for 24 to 48 hours. It supposedly causes more budding to occur, and can be done a couple times during the flowering cycle. It's something to look into before you try, but I am planning on trying it myself during this grow cycle.......

10. I've read that you're supposed to go to 24-48 hours of darkness at the end of the cycle. But that wasn't for bud growth. It was more for decreasing the amont of chloryphill (sp?). But I may try the 24 hours of light and then go to 24 hours of dark on like the last two days.