Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does better weed necessarily get you higher faster?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by somevelvetmorn, Sep 5, 2009.

1. i recently picked up a bag from my usual person, and she said it was the same stuff as usual. when i got it home, it obviously wasn't. it seemed, from my untrained eye, to be of better quality. it was much more moist, fewer seeds, and smelled/tasted a lot better....but it doesn't get me that high. now lately ive been having a lot of paranoia, so maybe it just seems like it doesn't get me high because it doesnt make me paranoid. any thoughts?

2. ye better weed= better right

stuff i smoke one bong bowl get me pretty high

3. better weed gets me higher faster. when i was getting paranoia when i smoked it felt as though as i was higher i think because i didnt want to be really high. i dunno if this makes sense haha

4. Of course it does. What possible reason would there be for it not to?

The more THC/cannabanoids in the weed, the more released, the more absorbed, the higher.

So one hit could have the same amount of THC as two of a different sort.

5. youre almost right, but then you say "faster"

turns out, some of the cannabinoids act as "THC Blockers" in that theyll bind with the THC, and delay its locating a cannabinoid receptor (CB1 or CB2).

this is what we smokers refer to as the creeper effect. When you smoke, think you arent that high, and progressively get more high/stoned over the next 5-30 minutes or so, then realize that youre blasted.

but yes, better weed should have a stronger or more complex effect, IMO. Im curious if the bud is actually ready though...you mention moisture content, kinda has me wondering.

6. I dunno about faster but it def gets you higher with a better quality high.

7. He knows what he's talking about. The high has a lot of peaks. But just because it smells better or has less seeds does not necessarily always mean more potent.

8. some weed gets you high faster. Some of the best weed i have had has took atleast 10 minutes to kick it. It depends on what it is.

9. You cant enjoy the high because you are letting yourself feel paranoid, maybe its too potent for you. lol

10. this dude shut down the thread...thats ur exact answer right there...he got the scientific terms and the pothead version lol

11. maybe it's TOO moist or something. ill try to post a pic of the stuff. i also want to post a pick of this sativa i paid 20/gram for to see if i go ripped off or not.

12. so hopefully i did this alright. the good stuff is on the left, the mid stuff that isnt getting me that high is on the right.

Attached Files:

13. +1

sure better quality weed will usually get your high faster than poor quality weed of the same type.

A lot of it has to do with strain. Some strains just take longer to hit you. Some very strong strains too. Even if its grown really well and frosty.

14. Moistness does not dictate quality, neither does number of seeds (though a large number of seeds suggests a careless grower). Usually moist weed either hasn't been cured properly (meaning it is not as potent as it could be if properly cured), or has been sprayed with distilled water or a chemical to increase weight.

Simply put, you got the same stuff as usual, only it probably wasn't cured properly. Yes, better weed will get you higher faster, however if you're used to smoking Sativa strains, a very powerful Indica will still take longer to hit you then a weak Sativa. Someone already mentioned the "creeper" effect, and it's very true.

Edit: Looking at the pictures, the bud on the left looks like mids, maybe high mids. Hard to tell without a close-up macro, but I can't blame you since I myself can't take very focused pictures. The other weed looks like very low mids, maybe even regs though. Not seen any weed like that around here, but most weed here is high mids or better.

15. you know their both the same weed right :p