Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does being sick act as a super t- break?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Regus, Mar 23, 2012.

1. I've had a cold for a couple of days and I'm dry, so I decided to turn this last part of my spring break into a t- break.

I've noticed that when I'm sick I use the bathroom more often, I sweat easily, I have a runny nose etc. Basically, my body is being flushed of fluids. While this may be a good detox, I'm curious whether it also affects tolerance. Is my tolerance decreasing at the normal rate it always does, or does being sick somehow quicken the process? Thanks blades

2. sweating does help you detox faster, so if you're sweating a lot id say that is definitely helping. that would be the only factor i see outta what you mentioned that would help you get your tolerance down faster

3. But i'm not sure if detox= lower tolerance. Sweating shouldn't affect the dopamine receptors in my brain that allow me to get high, right? I'm just thinking out loud here

4. Nope.

Memory can't be erased by detox.

5. Memory? That's not really what i'm asking

6. Not dopamine receptors, but cannabinoid receptors. It's not the actual sweating that allows them to receive more THC, but the actual act of detoxing. Sweating more means your body is more active, producing new cells faster, and getting rid of the old ones faster.

So yes, your tolerance will go down quicker - although it most likely won't be a noticeable difference.

7. thc is stored in fat cells. when your sweating, its exiting the fat cells in your body, thus getting your tolerance down. it doesnt affect the receptors, at least i dont think

8. Well don't think a 5 day detox will be a 10 day detox because you're sick, your memory only recognizes 5 days worth.

Trust me I've tried all kinds of experiments and theories on detox.

Nothing makes tolerace go away faster, than time.

9. I don't understand the memory thing. Sounds interesting though