Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does being high affect your dreams?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by i<3chrondo, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Does any one ever have weed-induced dreams? I know many of you, like myself, have gone to bed BAKED, but can you guys ever tell when your having a "high" dream? I've heard many people say that going to bed high makes you have wacky dreams but in the few years that I've been smoking I've never personally experienced a dream that was out of the norm while high. What do you guys think?

:bongin:

2. i usually never remember my dreams and i cant say that ive gotten a cool weed-induced dream. but it sure as hell helps me start dreaming faster

3. never with weed but when the doctors had me on Risperdal (anti-psychotic used for night terrors) I had some amazing dreams. They had full color and texture. I could actually feel things and experience tactile sensations that normally can only be felt while awake. There were times when I didn't know if I was awake or asleep. I quit taking it.

4. haha, the way you ended that was funny. sounds pretty cool though.

5. I find the best dreams come the first night without a puff after you've been blazing for months straight....

or the most intense, anyway....

6. Most people say they don't dream much when they're high- I disagree, I think you just forget them easier. It's hard to remember dreams anyway, pot in your brain probably doesnt help the memory.

7. I cannot remember any dreams I have unless I don't smoke for a day or two which hardly ever happens. Except this one time, the only time I remember a dream going to bed super baked. It was a toilet, a roach I think it was that was in it, then it got flushed, and when the water came back in it was all blood and chopped up rabbit. wtf?

8. I rarely ever remember my dreams, high or not. I have, however, woke up in a dreamlike state having a conversation with two people who weren't actually there.

9. I tend to not remember my dreams when I smoke... Which I prefer as I have some really horrific nightmares... Like, borderline night-terrors... I wake up screaming and trying to escape and drenched in sweat. Scary shit :(

I do that shit all the time... Then I'll wake up fully and realize what I was doing, and hope that no one heard me, lol.

10. I was stone-faced and had a dream where i got all the cool ass clothes i've always wanted and it was so real, then i woke up and looked for my slick threads...they weren't there, total bummer

11. I find that I rarely, if ever, dream when Ive been smoking everyday. Lately Ive been broke and only smoking once a week if that, and find that I dream almost every night, and can always remember them.

12. Even when I'm sober my dreams are vivid and wacky so I haven't really seen a difference. I've heard some people say they don't dream when they're stoned... weird.

13. Everyone dreams whether they're stoned or not (REM cycle much?)... It's just a matter of if you remember said dreams :)

14. Yea same with me, i have some weird ass dreams that i think are real until the point i wake up, sober or high.

15. i can only remember my dreams if i didn't smoke buds the past 2 days, but when that does happen, it's crazy. any of you guys notice you get crazy ass dreams after tripping out on salvia? the month after whenever i smoke salvia is always filled with trippy dreams.

16. If I blaze before bed I won't dream. The 2 times I've done ketamine, those nights I had the most insane dreams of my life. Like dreams I literally felt myself in. One of them I was spinning out in my car in the middle of the interstate about to die. I felt myself spinning around with the car. It was insane.

17. i rarely had dreams when i smoked all the time, they were pretty rare

18. i heard thc makes u not have dreams but idk i am normally just 2 high to remember them

19. its true... THC is proven to stop the smoker having dreams as if messes with your natural REM sleep state... if youve been smoking everyday for a while tho your body gets used to it and u start to dream. but once u stop ur body needs time to readjust and u dont dream for a while.
    i read it in a scientific journal, New Scientist

20. I always go to bed high it helps me sleep. and I remember most of my dreams.in my last dream I was at a car wash hitting on a chic that worked there and I told her I had chronic brain syndrome.:confused: