Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does bad weed make your throat burn?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CanabisKing~, Dec 2, 2013.

1. I've got about 2 grams from my buddy the other day and when I was smoked it it realy burnt or like bit the back of my throat. I wasn't taking any bigger hits than I usually do and I was smoking out of the same glass pipe I usually do too. I was just wondering if it was the weed or the way I burnt it or something cuz it realy was a pain In the ass! Thanks! ::Happy toking::

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I have the same problem sometimes, maybe it's from coughing?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Weed that is very potent will make you cough your lungs out, but you can lessen the irritant by smoking out of a bong with cool water. 

4. Recently I've been smoking some real good shit.
    And recently my throat always hurts afterwards.
    Like even when I drink water, the air I breathe irritates my throat. The stuff is pretty fresh if that helps.

5. Wtf happened to ill see you guys in four years?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Unless you are referring to poison ivy I have never seen bad weed. LOL I have seen some less than good weed. I find a bad dry / cure makes harsh smoke.

7. Good bud gets me coughing for days.

8. Depend if its a spicy tickle as your breathing the smoke out or its actualy like your inhaling black smoke from burning paper?

I find that you can tell its shit bud when you flow the smoke out, you want to like chuck your guts up.

9. Just depends on the weed man. The potency plays a large factor but so does the time when it was harvested. An early harvest tends to be a bit more harsh.

10. Good bud gets me coughing for days.
    [​IMG]

11. What do you smoke out of? Plastic, metal, aluminum, and paper can cause irritating smoke. Glass is the way to go. If not material then the hits might be too harsh, try using a water bong with ice cubes or just ice cubes.Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #12 Nttogrof, Jul 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    The burn has less to do with potency and deals mostly with the mobile nutrients that remained in the plant and didn't get flushed. I believe it's magnesium and phosphorus...(bloom nutes)

If you don't flush that last 2-3 weeks of flower or even go half the strength of the nutes
    when you cure Your gonna be left with ornamental weed

13. I call it "pretendo" because it passes most tests you give when judging if it's good or not. It looks pretty cool, smells pretty cool but the more those nutes cure into your bud the harsher the smoke taste.
    A finnesser will pre pack a pound of this into eighths so the price for them differs upon the person and what they know
    This is concentrate weed my girl got finnessed into paying 10 a g for..sticky dense buds and very terry but it a half a bowl burns... Beware ornamental weed is not good for your lungs

Attached Files: