Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does anyone use weed sometime to help when their depressed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Vdubstoner, Nov 14, 2011.

1. not at all, i only smoke when im celebrating or happy. for me it just makes it all more depressing

2. i have clinical depression and i smoke everyday instead of taking those horrible SSRI's. It really lifts my mood and makes me less angry. It's fine as long as you don't stay too much in your head while high because it can also magnify feelings if you think about them too much. Flip on some family guy and smoke a jay, guaranteed to make you feel better. But do realise that if you use weed to cope with things suddenly taking it away can make the world seem unbearably difficult to live in, so don't quit cold turkey if you use it as a medication.

3. But not everyone reacts this way. It's just a personal reaction to alcohol. Not because it's a depressant.

4. it's actually classified as a psychedelic, but it doesn't entirely fit into any one particular category due to it's wide range of effects.

5. ^^ yeah that's true I have heard that. I'm not trying to come off like that weed is depressing. More so that it isn't a cure all. But as that other blade says everyone is different.

6. I guess when youre somewhat sad or stressed out or angry, smoking some bud will definately make you happier and forget about why your in a bad mood

7. If I'm having really bad depression I will take a small break. But from having a bad day, I'll toke up!

8. weed is a cure for many things...even depression...i feel that if im depressed about something or just in a really bad state of mind, weed can really level me out and bring me to much better state of mind...like i wont want anyone to talk, look, or even acknowledge me when im depressed...as soon as i toke, all those feelings go away...