Does anyone use Kind LED?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by RJDEM, Jun 8, 2017.

1. I recently got a few preowned Kind 3' Led bars. When unpacking the box I noticed some black sludge liquid coming out of the power brick where the wires go in. I contacted Kind and they informed me that the light is perfectly safe to use as the black substance is just a water protectant sealant. Does this sound right to you? I'm still nervous about leaving these lights plugged in.. What are your thoughts? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It's dielectric grease they use it in higher quality lights.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3. My only question is why isn't the insulating wrap on the wire go all the way in? Have they been tugged? Might wanna check solder connections to make sure they're no weak.

4. Not sure but I shoved them back in. Is it easy to take it apart?

5. Should just be a few screws on the edges. And then take a pic of where the wire leads.

6. I sent that pic to Kind and they didn't say anything about the wire sticking out.

7. No screws just these tabs I guess I can pry them to look inside.. I won't be able to check till late night. I'll post up some pics once I open it. [​IMG]

8. Yeah pliers are ganna be needed to pry those puppies out

9. So I opened them up. I think it was just tugged on don't think the wires are loose. This stuff is like tar. I pretty much reseated the wire and cleaned it up. Too bad my my grow space is too small for them. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]