Does anyone read books anymore?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Samuel Caldwell, Feb 16, 2010.

1. #1 Samuel Caldwell, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2010
    I'm new to this website and I have noticed that no one talks about reading books or what books to read to become better educated towards Cannabis. Is everyone now adays too cool to read books?

So to get started I will list the books that I think everyone should own, Amazon (used);

1.) Marijuana is Safer: So Why Are We Driving People to Drink?, Author: Steve Fox. A great book to use when debating with people why we need to reform Cannabis.

2.) Smoke and Mirrors : The War on Drugs and the Politics of Failure, Author: Dan Baum. Shows how the War on Drugs was set up and also shows what our Politicians really are.

3.) Buzzed: The Straight Facts About the Most Used and Abused Drugs from Alcohol to Ecstasy, Third Edition (Buzzed), Author: Cynthia Kuhn. Everyone should know a little bit about every drug.

4.) Spliffs : A Celebration of Cannabis Culture, Author: Nick Jones. Just an easy read for the beginner.

5.) Weed: 420 Things You Didn't Know (or Remember) about Cannabis, Authoer: I.M. Stoned. Just another easy read but a little more detailed.

6.) Pot Culture: The A-Z Guide to Stoner Language and Life, Author: Shirley Halperin. Pretty much covers all of the pop culture aspect of Cannabis.

7.) Napoleon's Buttons: How 17 Molecules Changed History, Author: Penny M, Ph.D Le Couteur. Pretty much shows why Cannabis was made Illegal in the 1930s.

For the books you need to read but not own, (Borrow from a library);

1.) Reefer Madness : Sex, Drugs, and Cheap Labor in the American Black Market, Author: Eric Schlosser. Only a 3rd of the book is about Cannabis so it's really just a quick read with a good bit of info.

2.) Bad Trip : How the War Against Drugs is Destroying America, Author: Joel Miller. Should inspire you to really get up and get active.

3.) High Society: How Substance Abuse Ravages America and What to Do About It, Author: Joseph A. Califano Jr. Has good ideas and good information.

4.) Marijuana for Dopes, Author: Joseph Romain. Basic book for people who want to know a little bit of the history of cannabis.

There are more books out there, these are just some of the books I have read that are worth telling others to read. Hope it was insightful.

2. There is more up to date info online. There is nothing wrong with reading books but I'd rater pick one up if you catch my drift ;)

3. #3 Death_or_Glory, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
    I think that "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" by Jack Herer should be on your "must own" list aswell.

D o G

4. What's these books you speak of?