Does anyone put epsom salt in the water you give to plants or foliar only?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by the123321, May 28, 2020.

1. I am growing with biotabs dry amendments in coco. I am following the biotabs just add tap water guide at this link.

https://biotabs.nl/pdfs/organic-growing-manual-en.pdf

I use tap water that I put ascorbic acid vitamin c powder in to remove the chloramine in the water. I keep having what looks like magnesium deficiency in plants. I am not posting images of the plants in this post or asking about why the plants have problems I am only asking about epsom salt and how best to use it. I do not use calmag as the dry amendments in the biotabs are supposed to have what it needs for that. I have some epsom salt and I have tried doing foliar feeding a few times and it does not look like it is really working. I have looked online and it looks like most of the pages talking about using epsom salt for magnesium deficiency talks about spraying it but I would like to know if you can put it in the water you use when you water the plants on there.

I have 2 plants on day 22 that I water with only water and I give each like 1 half liter to 1 liter per day per plant. Would you recommend putting epsom salt in the water like 1 time per week or do you think foliar is better and how often would you foliar feed it to clear up magnesium deficiency on there?

2. Thanks. How much do you use per gallon with foliar and with it in the water you hand water it on there?

3. I will usually mix my epsom salt in my 5 gallon jug with my nutes.

1-2 tbl spoons per 1 gallon of water for foliar is typically acceptable.

25-50 ml of epsom in my 5 gallon depending on other additives I’m using and if I see any girls that need some extra.