Does anyone prefer automatic?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by U S S R, Aug 2, 2012.

1. manual all day.

i feel in control & it keeps my attention on the road.

2. #22 Jumbo, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    Most new cars these days with there automatic / paddle shifters rape true manual. its just annoying as fuck in bumper to bumper which is every fucking day on Long Island. id love a manual fast car but fuck driving it daily... id rather drive automatic and not have to be on the clutch 10 times a minute lol

thats just me and growing up with only auto cars to drive.

3. I drove my first manual off the lot without ever having driven one before. Only stalled twice on my way home :) It's the only way to learn!

I prefer an automatic now because my mind is almost always on something else. I'm a very careful driver, but I live in a densely populated area. My 10-mile drive home from work takes just over an hour every-single-day.

4. my neighbor had a 1995 ford f150 for 11-12 years with the original brakes because he would always be engine braking

5. depends on the situation. for everyday driving, auto. For off roading, auto. For a sports car, stick. For racing, stick.

sitting in rush hour traffic on the highway with a stick gets real old fast.

6. Never said it was hard, just said it sucked. (meaning inconvenient) ^_^

7. [quote name='"Thunder Struck"']

Never said it was hard, just said it sucked. (meaning inconvenient) ^_^[/quote]

Haha I'll give u that. Some of those do suck. Like traffic. And offloading. I wouldn't get another manual jeep unless it was just a driver. Burned my clutch up to fast (6mo-1yr) driving offroad

8. My grandma's new car allows you to shift if you want and is still an automatic. Now we're all happy. :smoke:

9. at least you destroyed it like a man.

10. [quote name='"InitialToke93"']Im awkward in a automatic car, where the fuck do i put my left hand????????[/quote]

You live outside the USA lol at first I was like you put it on the wheel dumbass

11. I learned on a stick, and I'm glad I did. But my car is an automatic, makes it easier to toke and drive and other stuff. Sometimes I miss driving stick though, it is much more fun.

12. Started doing clutch on a dirt bike when i was like 8, these days i drive a jeep with auto. Have driven my dads '88 5 series with a clutch but never seemed as natural as controlling with my hands. Also indeed automatic makes multitasking while driving within the realm of possibility for me even when totally blown.

13. Yes i do indeed live in a country where we drive on the left.

14. If you guys are really so concerned with being able to multi-task during the second it takes to shift, you don't need to be driving anyway... Put the fucking phone down or ignore the radio for one more second, god forbid.

15. [quote name='"Kimmo"']If you guys are really so concerned with being able to multi-task during the second it takes to shift, you don't need to be driving anyway... Put the fucking phone down or ignore the radio for one more second, god forbid.[/quote]

When I get home in going to +rep you. Can't right now. I'm driving.

16. i like auto i guess but i pretty much hate being in any car for any amount of time

17. I heard countries that drive on the left have a lower accident rate. I'm not sure what the reason is though.

18. I knnow my friends think AMEricka cars, manual stick only and if not gaaay, but i have an auto so i cant complain

19. I've heard that too although i cant quite remember the reasoning it had something to do with most people being right eye dominant.

"When overtaking on a right side road, the right-eyed driver looks in the wing mirror with the left eye and views the oncoming traffic with the left eye which is not suited to the majority right-eyed people"

I guess that could have an effect.

20. [quote name='"InitialToke93"']

I've heard that too although i cant quite remember the reasoning it had something to do with most people being right eye dominant.

"When overtaking on a right side road, the right-eyed driver looks in the wing mirror with the left eye and views the oncoming traffic with the left eye which is not suited to the majority right-eyed people"

I guess that could have an effect.[/quote]

Man you guys are some dumb fucks straight up! Use ur fucken head your on your right side and if you get hit straight on you'll be more safer because you won't be in the way.