Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does anyone no how to make a home made scale?? please help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by harrygohr, Dec 26, 2008.

1. im realy short on money and i was wondering if theres anyway to make a homemade scale if there is how or a link to a tutorial would be nice

thxs
    harrygohr

2. good luck with that. That would be really really hard. Just save up 15$ and get one on ebay.

3. Seriously, dude?
    You'd have to have a lot of imagination, and I assume some damn good math skills.

If you have to ask how to do it, you're not going to be able to do it.

If you're that short on money, how can you buy weed anyway? And if you have enough money to buy weed... save up some for a scale.

4. alright i guess
    ... anyone else

5. No, nobody is going to be able to help you. To make a scale accurate at the gram level would require quite a bit of engineering skill and some precision machining.

You can buy a scale for under $20.

6. If you're a physicist and an engineer you could pull it off?

7. Okay... here's what you do...

Buy an eighth.

Meet up with a friend who also has an eighth.

Hold your eighth in one hand, and his in the other, and see if they feel like the same weight.

Poof! Scale!

8. Or use your friend's scale? Unless hes too cheap aswell.

9. My idea is much more accurate. :rolleyes:

10. Pull out your laser and shoot a nickel in 5 even pieces. Each piece weighs a gram and then shoot your laser at the gram pieces 10 times to get to .1 accuracy! :eek:

11. This.

12. LOL

I thought as far as the nickel part... bravo on the laser!

I think we're getting there. Don't give up hope!

13. I guess he could balance a popsickle stick on a round pebble then use the nickel fragments to measure out grams...

14. fuck it nvm

15. dude put something under the middle of a ruler. put a nickle on one end than 5 grams of weed on the other. or do the same with like 1 or 2 gram weights. maybe steal them from school lab if your still in school.

16. #16 freddielokster, Dec 26, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
    a dollar bill, or any other bill for that fact weighs out to exactly 1 gram, fold the bill to a square as many times as possible and compare it to your weed

17. Hey man, you did this to yourself.

Scales are cheap. :rolleyes:

18. The easiest way to make a scale, and the way I always make mine, goes something like this.

1. Take a $20 bill and go to a headshop.
    2. Go to the counter, say "I need a scale"
    3. Place the bill on the counter, close your eyes.
    4. Open your eyes 30-60 seconds later.
    5. Look in front of you. The magical hippie properties of the headshop have transformed the $20 bill into a beautiful scale. If your headshop is particularly magical, it might also transform your $20 bill into a series of smaller bills and circular pieces of metal.

Works for me every time.

19. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

20. LMFAO.
    -rep though for making me laugh out my bong hit. :(
    lol, jk.
    but you really did!