Does anyone like Lightning Bolt?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by jasonjasonjason, Jul 4, 2006.

1. These guys are pretty intense I really want to see them live:eek::D:D

They are only drum and bass and claim to be "louder than most nascar events" haha

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qzc0fafdnSc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qzc0fafdnSc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. that's pretty cool. what style would you call that? It sounded to distorted for me to tell, untill the end when it sounds like the bass is doing a solo or something. I'm not even sure...

3. I think this follows the same concept as the really extremely hot, hotsauces... It's almost too hot to enjoy and you sacrifice taste for heat.

Well - It seems like they would be too loud to enjoy... sacrificing the music for volume. LoL

And look how close the crowd is.

4. uh....sounded like noise to me bro. Do they sing, or just keep bangin the drums all day? Personally, I like to see a little more"artistic" talent incorporated into my music. But thats just me. Peace brotha, TBug

5. check them out at www.myspace.com/laserbeast

haha yeah its basically noise, but if you listen to one of their studio recorded albums on a good stereo it sounds awesome, its kind of like insane noise-jazz

6. Yeah, Lightning Bolt is basically like Hella except with a Tera Melos twist. Have you ever heard of Tera Melos? They're like jazzcore, they have amazing and unexpected transitions. Their live show is also wicked sick. Theres about an 80% chance you'll get injured at one, they go fuckin nuts.

And for everybody who says it just sounds like noise, you can't turn down a band just from watching somethin from a live show. Everything is completely different.

7. that sucked. mostly cuz i couldnt hear anything but static-like white noise.

8. Recordings of live music of this style dont sound too good, but when you actually see it it's completely different.