does anyone know?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lightthebud, Feb 12, 2013.

1. I've been growing this plant for a little while now. I'm almost two weeks into flowering. I have no idea about the genetics/strain of the plant. Check out the picture and let me know what you guys think.

ForumRunner_20130211_230029.png

2. it looks in very good health. it looks a little light coloured down the bottom, or is that just the lighting?
    what soil and what nutrients do you use?

3. That looks like a very nice Indica for sure . It's of afghani lineage I'm guessing. And it's just a guess lol.

4. The lighting does make it look lighter in color than what it actually is. But the bottom two leaves are fading into a yellow color. Plus, on the two main leaves above those bottom ones I'm starting to notice some spots appearing.
    I am aware that this is most likely caused by nutrient deficiencies. I have no idea what soil I'm using or what nutrients are in the soil. I had found a seed and instead of doing it right from the beginning and finding out the things I would need, I just grabbed a 3 g. Pot and filled it with old soil my friend had already used to grow tomatoes in. I don't know if there are too much nutrients or too little(I haven't got a ph meter yet). I've been changing/adjusting things as I go along.

5. as you can tell this is my first grow.

6. its hard to tell from the photo as there is some whiteout there. an easy way to tell if it's over or under fertilised is

if lower leaves start to yellow but the very top of the main growing shoots are dark green then your over fertilised. as this gets worse leaves droop and curl downwards. yellowing turns brown

if lower leaves start to yell and the very top of the main growing shoots are becoming light coloured then your under fertilised. as this gets worse the whole plant will begin to lighten up

the first signs of either is slow growth. you should see a distinct difference in size every day. if it hasn't grown much in 24 its time to look for signs

failing a diagnoses rinse the soil with lots of water and then give it a dose of quarter strength nutrient solution. this fixes most nutrient problems

7. Take a look tell me what you think. Here is a better pic.

ForumRunner_20130214_224656.png

8. I don't see any yellowing or brown spots, in fact if the colour is a good representation it looks in perfect health as far as nutrients go

9. Great! That helps to put my mind at ease. Thanks a lot for the help. If I have any more problems I know who to ask for help lol.

10. Don't ever look for perfection. Your plant looks just fine like GoldGrower said. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a picture perfect plant without little spots or colors at some point in the game.

Always keep an eye on your newest growth, that will let you know what's going on much better than older fan leaves will.

J

11. Good lookin out.

12. Looks like an MkUltra, yup haven't seen one of them in a while.

13. ?

You can tell what variety a strain is by looking at a 10" to 12" plant that hasn't started flowering yet?

Excellent.

J

14. MkUltra: A strong variety of cannabis inidca, with a latter of OG-Kush and G-13. Where did the seed come from? Would help with narrowing down the possibilities.. Until then I'm stickin with MkUltra :). I got an auto freebie with no name that I'm calling Jock horror until it finishes.. I have the source of my seeds with a narrow selection of possibilities, so should be easy..

15. Very nice green color. That's probably the perfect shade of green for most strains. Is this an auto?

16. your joking right?

17. I had bought a gram from somebody and they said it was kush. I found the seed as I was breaking the bud up.

18. I'm pretty sure this is not an auto. But this is also my first grow. Found the seed in a bag.

19. Ok cool, I just thought it might be an auto because it is still quite small like most autos are when they start flowering.

It won't be the biggest yielder for your first try, but at least you did better than some and kept it healthy.

Next time try some training and topping to manipulate the plant into less of a single cola and more of a bush.

20. Well I topped it once a while back. It will have two colas. And I know its a little late but I just LST'd a few branches so the new growth could get some more light. My next plant(s) will be much better now that I know soooooo much more. This whole thing has been a learning experience from the beginning and has developed into a favorite hobby of mine. Gonna be making some orders from attitude soon.