Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does anyone know what this means?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by budman83, Jul 27, 2009.

1. So I was reading an article on "how to smoke weed." I came across this

"Much easier to build, and usually less fragile than a bong, but lacks some of the nicer effects, such as cooling." (that was about pipes)

What are these "effects" that lack when smoking a pipe; also, what is cooling?

Sorry for my noobiness. :)

2. It says that one of the effects it lacks is cooling. Bongs cool the smoke as you inhale because it has to work its way through the water/ice/whatever else you put in there. This makes it easier to take big rips because it doesn't burn your throat nearly as much.

3. They were prolly refering to the filteration of the smoke through a bong. Since the water filters the smoke, it makes it cleaner to smoke. The water also add's a "cooling" effect to the smoke, very nice if you add ice water to your bong. =)

4. If you're smoking with a bubbler you put water in the base of it, when you smoke it it delivers cooler hits so you can inhale a lot more without having a nasty burning sensation in your lungs.

5. Cooling is the decrease in temperature of a substance :rolleyes:
    Anyway cooling is just the pleasant effect that a bong with cold water gives you because it lowers the temp of the smoke so it naturally feels better. The other effects could be a bunch of other things.
    Happy Toking!

6. Well, when you smoke through a pipe, the hit is hard, sometimes hot...

You smoke through a bong, its like smoke juice, that's the only way to describe the feeling. Also, some THCis "vaporized" with the condensate smoke so its a quicker high.