Does anyone know of a good scrog tutorial.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by braves1995, Jan 2, 2018.

1. I’m looking for a tutorial or a journal that shows step by step how to scrog. I have a pretty good idea of how to do it and I’ve tried on two grows. It’s the smaller details like where/when to tuck the shoots and where to place the colas. It seems like most of my shoots end up in the same places and the remaining shoots are too short. Anyways if anyone knows of a thread or website with a thorough guide I would be awesome. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Google - LBH's Famous ScrOG Tutorial. I follow it to the letter. Good luck. :thumbsup:

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I can tell u how i did it. First you need to build a scrog net. I used 1 inch pvc as my frame, built a square. Next i put screws every 3 inches into pvc. From there i used mold resistant cord and inter laced strings one over the other to make it tight. I hung scrog with 4 ratchet straps to ceiling. I placed net 18 inches above my scrog. This time i had 13 plants. I spaced all my buckets 1 foot apart from one another in every direction. The i let the plant grow. Once it reached the netting i let it grow about an inch past the net. Then i simply tucked the branch back threw the netting and under a line. The point of scrog is to make the plant grow horizontally and fill the scrog. Every day keep tucking new branches and growth under the scrog. Once your scrog is almost all full and your plant branches are touching one another you flip lights to flower. Then keep tucking for about 2 weeks into flower. After that just let her go. U will end up with a level canopy and a tremendous amount of colas which will all produce bud. Below is a pick of my grow that was scrogged and is in 11 week of flower. Notice how many main shoots there are. A normal plant has one main shoot. With scrog technique you end up with 4 plus per plant which means a higher yield per plant. Good luck hope your grows flourish. Its an excellent technique and works well.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-K373 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Do you have any pics of underneath and or while it was in veg filling up the screen?

5. Ok cool. Thanks for the detailed explanation. I keep getting lost in the sctie

6. Actual tucking of the branches. They just always seem to end up in the same spot leaving open spots all over. I’ve tried three times and it just doesn’t seem to end up like the picture of yours. I think a few pics along the way of the process would clear it up for me. Thanks again!

7. I found a few of my pics from earlier this grow. The first one is when my plants were small and i just installed scrog netting 18 inches above my buckets. Note how tight my scrog netting is. Make sure yours is like a guitar string, many growers struggle with scrog because they have way to loose of netting. It needs to hold plant down. So when the plant grows past the netting u bent it back under and use the netting to hold it in a horizontal position. As more branches get to netting and if ones u already tucked pop back up just gently bend them back under.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Do you let them grow thru and weave them thru or just push them back under so they grow completely under the net?

9. Either way would work but i pulled them back threw the hole they grew threw and tucked them under one of the lines. Another thing i did that will help u is i took a few zip ties and tied the middle of the plant together. Not super tight just supportive. Basically i forced the plant to grow in a V shape thus forcing more branches to the scrog netting and offering the plant some support while its growing upwards

10. Just push them back under. No weaving required. You can also pinch and bend shoots to get them to cooperate. You can google supercropping to get a better idea of it. If you don't feel like making a net chicken wire works well and comes in 2, 3, and 4 ft wide rolls.

the quantum leap: indoor multi strain perpetual organic journal
    Indoor organic

11. The thing about scrog is you need alot of light and good nutes to invigorate plant growth. The more the plant grows the easier it is to scrog the plant. On average my ladies were growing 1 to 2 inches a day