Does anyone know if..

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by dotgif, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Every religious book out there speaks of its religion in a way where it says that the followers will go to hell (reincarnate evil, etc. or whatever punishment is caused by)for not believing in God? Or do they say for not believing in the religion the book is talking about?

If it says that the punishment is because of not believing in God.. than couldn't all these books be connected? They all say believe in God, Allah, Yeshua, etc. Could it not all be connected in some way?

Sober thought. Let me know what you think.

2. #2 Boats And Hoes, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2012
    No, not at all. Religion in any country or continent, equals one thing - submission. The men supposedly speaking in the name of God, understand that if you put the fear of "hell" in people, they will be rendered docile. Religion is about control, both mentally and physically, and its main purpose is to consolidate power and profit.

3. cribbing and hearsay; that's the only type of connections abrahamic religions hold, imo.

4. What is this punishment you speak of?

People make their own hell, their own heaven

when in fact this is but a transitory nothingness

what is there to punish? What is there to feel bliss?

Just experience what is and you can feel the universe. :)

5. Man, beginning to understand God was one of the most liberating and freeing things I could've ever done..

Imo though religion =/= God

I don't claim to follow a religion, all the main religions are all chasing after the same thing, they just simply have different perspectives on it.

It's like say one guy's looking at a cube from straight on, another man is looking at it from the corner.

One claims the cube only has one side, while the other is claiming the cube has two sides. They begin arguing on who's right and instead of agreeing that they're looking at the same exact object just from two different perspectives, they start to claim their view is more right than the other.

Little do they know neither of them were truly right, for the cube really has six sides, it just their limited perception held them back from seeing that. If they would've realized the truth, there would be no need for arguing nor fighting in the first place :)

6. Lol I can tell you one thing my man, I don't allow anything to rule over me[besides God]. Thanks for the input, but I believe that people can believe in what they want without being put into submission. I'm living proof of that, so is my family, some friends, and millions upon millions of other people. I believe what I believe in because of my morals.. Most sins in the bible are considered morally wrong by people all around the world. Do you think because I think that killing people is wrong that that's the bible, or my Christian upbringing's fault? No.

I know what you mean though because I see it all the time.. people donating to churches.. it's just like them donating to Invisible Children/Kony.. you sitting on your ass and donating money to something isn't going to do jack shit, if you actually wanna make a change you need to get off your ass and do it. Most churches donations go towards peoples salaries, or towards adding space onto the church, or misc. objects for the church. Which is absolutely stupid. But I don't go to church anymore because of how corrupt it is.

I don't know how all that came out of my fingers but I feel like it went off topic haha.