Does anyone know if there if a pistachio addicts anonymous?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by PotatoesRgood, Apr 19, 2017.

1. I have a serious addiction to pistachios, I consume roughly one or two 1-pound bags per day. I've seen multiple doctors who tell me to quit, but it's a disease and I've tried everything to quit but I just cannot do it on my own. I did start buying unsalted because there is not so much sodium. Does anyone know of any groups or pages specifically for pistachio addicts?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I'll pray for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I hope your kidding.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Smoke more weed.

• Like Like x 3
  5. NO NO NO, stop smoking weed cause when he gets munchies he probably downs a bag of Pistachios, smoke less weed, go to rehab for pistachios, then start smoking weed again

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. #8 Lemonfox69, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    At least your consuming real food, you'll be fine lol probably just a phase. The only thing bad i can think of is the excessive salt which since you have cut out on salted ones that's already a good start.This may help
    65b60a21047e60b8b3c724612dd552e5.jpg

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. this dude comes in with a fucking chart... i love it

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. but on the serious note pistachio icecream is really great stuff. best icecream ever

9. pic.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yeah, Addiction is only wrong if it hurts right?... so if pistachios is a need, then what if it was a type of medicine? I saw in documentary that depression is healed by consuming cashews every day: course people don’t want to be fat but..is depression better?..
    So good luck! Hope everyone could eat as much as they like

11. [​IMG]
    And this pistachio Lebanese desert my friends, I love it, could eat 1-3 every day, just to keep the weight

12. Is there evidence that it is unhealthy in any way?

They are loaded with good fats, vitamins, minerals, fiber and phytonutrients.

To stave off any issue with hiGh sodium just drink more water.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nuts are bad m'kay

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have heard most of the Eskimo population was wiped out by a pistachio epidemic.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Haha Why?.. you’re just kiddin’ right?... Love nuts

16. Pistachio is also the highest food source of Melatonin(Sleep Hormone) known. So a handful of small bowl as a evening snack could help one fall and sleep much better. All these artificial blue lights from indoor lighting and screens from smart devices/tv ect.. suppress natural melatonin production.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #20 Didactylos, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Iranian pistachios are soooo good -- but it's a shame how they employ all those little kids and old grandmothers to chisel the little cracks into the shells like that. They say the 'salted' pistachios are actually salted by the tears of the workers. You don't want to know what the 'red dye' on the shells really is. . . . :eek2:

Didn't know that about the melatonic properties of pistachios! I always thought it was the indica kicking in. -_-

...you know I was joking, right?

• Like Like x 2