Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does anyone know about this recipe?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by bro420, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Hey, my friend was telling me about this thing he had heard you could do with bud to make it edible without cooking it. Supposedly, you can put some ground up bud/hash/keef on butter and pour honey and chocolate and whatever else sweet and fattening on top, and the butter and fats bind with the THC and it is therefore activated. Can anyone confirm for me that this works (supposedly you just eat a piece of it and it will make you high as shit)? thanks and :smoking:

2. No, this isn't going to work. You need to decarboxylate your cannabis first by placing it in the oven, or a food dehydrator, to activate the THC. If you then want to infuse it into butter and eat it with honey and chocolate, that's your call, but there are many good recipes out there to make your infusion a little more palatable. But infusing butter or oil or anything else with THC takes more than just sticking it on there, I'd recommend checking out BadKittySmiles's thread stickied at the top of the forum and read up on her oil making guide, coconut oil will be best and most bioavailable for you, but if you want to use butter or another kind of oil, that would work too.

3. Your friend is pretty off. Some people claim that you can make a no-heat firecracker. A firecracker is bud mixed with peanut butter, between two crackers. The standard mix is peanut butter, but I've also heard of using Nutella as well...I wouldn't use chocolate or honey.

Usually it's heated up in the oven for 20-30 minutes, but for the no-heat method, you supposedly need to let the peanut butter/bud mixture sit for a week or so before you eat it for it to be effective.

4. Thanks guys, I'll tell my friend that he was wrong... Not gonna waste my bud on that. And yeah, I've done firecrackers before, not baking it and leaving it for a week is probably enough time for the THC to bind to the fat in the peanut butter.