Does anyone here run their vape through their bong for extra cooling?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Shiggy Talls, Nov 29, 2010.

1. #1 Shiggy Talls, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2010
    I just ordered a Da Buddha Vape and a glass adapter for the whip to filter the vapors into my bong. Can't wait for it to arrive. My question is should I take out my ashcatchers? My tree perc is really clean because of the dry a/c above it so I figure it would be some extra cooling. Would it be hard to drag or affect the vapor taste at all?

My current setup is a brand new 18 inch GonG straight tube with very thick 5 mm solid blue colored glass, ice catchers, Roor diffuser chillum, no inline perc so I added a mini Zob 8 arm tree perc/ashcatcher, and Roor activated Carbon ashcatcher. It's hitting really smooth but I'm also wanting to expand my methods to include vaping.

I'm really excited to finally try this and I wanted to see if anybody here does this regularly or has tried it a few times. How was it? Thanks for the help!

2. first off, let me be the first to welcome you the city :wave: enjoy yourself! and yes, many here at GC (including myself) partake in the lovely act known as vapor-bonging. for the best effect, i wouldn't use your ashcatcher. just the bong itself (i've read that more diffusion is not necessarily better when it comes to vapor bonging) and also you *definitely* need to try hot water hits. they will change your life.:smoke:

3. You don't need a bong with much filtration, as the vapor is already pretty cool. I've found that too much filtration cuts down on the flavor of the vapor, because of the fact that the flavanoids and terpenoids (responsible for the flavor/aroma) have low boiling points and thus more readily condensate.

I have tried hot water in my bongs in the past and I have to note that it is an exceptionally soothing experience.

4. Thanks for the suggestions! I'm not overly concerned about taste. Smoothness, smell (my roommate is okay with me smoking, he just doesn't want to smell it when he's around), and how high I get are my main concerns. I live in Cali and I frequent many dispensaries in the area so vaping will definitely be smooth and I will get so high haha.

That leaves the smell. Obviously there's going to be little or no smell when vaping but I am the type that has to fight the urge to go overboard with gadgets and attachments; carbon filtering vapor sounds just amazing haha.

I will definitely try hot water hits. My nose is a little stuffed up from allergies right now so that might be exactly what the doctor ordered!

5. I was looking to do the same thing with my buddha, could you point me in the direction for the attachment for the vape to the bong?

6. Ground Glass Water Pipe Adapter here you go, make sure to check all the other accessories they have :D

7. bubblers are best.

8. I recently have switched to my extreme q
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReMCl6WaUno]YouTube - Extreme q vapor toke hoss dome diffuser[/ame]

9. I vape through my bong but I use hot water, so I guess I don't do it for extra cooling.

10. Bassnectar haha :D Are you a raveing kind of dude?

11. [​IMG]

Here's my most used setup. It is an EHLE 100 mL with a slit downstem. I have another bong that I pull out for friends. It's a small SYN beaker with a showerhead downstem.

Here's a picture of my downstem on that bong.

[​IMG]

12. Yeah,i just started hitting raves last year,down in bc there huge,especially shambhala. Also the music scene is big in my town, Bassnectar came to my club in my small town and it was off the hook.

heres a fat milk
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_MqPy_rabA]YouTube - Extreme q vaporizer whip and bong[/ame]

13. And this is how it's done! The vaporizer whip fits perfectly into a ground glass 14mm connector, since these slope into a smaller diameter if you plug it with the hose and push lightly, it will be airtight.

Bong (i actually use a precooler too haha) + SSV = High Times:hello:

Attached Files:

14. I wouldnt recomened buying an attachment. From personal use, my Da buddha hose fits perfectly into my bong's regular stem, and it's airtight. I wasted 20$ buying an attachment that doesent actually do anything.

15. No, I find a huge difference between just sticking the DBV tube into the joint and using the adapter. The adapter has a 90 degree angle making it a lot less cumbersome.

I love vapor bonging, I just got a new GonG bubbler to vape through, its awesome. I use hot water. theres a few reasons to use water filtration for vapor. One is the particulate matter, which can come through the screen on any vaporizer, which is clearly seen with a vapor bong setup. Vapor is also very DRY, so it needs some moisture, but it doesnt need to cool down AT ALL IME and I prefer hot water.

16. The Adapter is on a 90 degree angle, but I prefer to just use my bong's regular downstem, which actually goes into the water, opposed to just being attached. Not sure if that made sense.

17. Totally agree.

18. Indeed. Vapes by themselves can be very dry. I like some small ice cubes, and icy water.

Or snow.

I'm really hoping for snow tomorrow. Getting paid to work at home and blaze? Good times.

19. Makes no sense at all, maybe you can clarify

20. I love my MFLB through my MGW tube... Nanners should come by and comment on her MyrtleZap + HVY mini. Now that is... :smoking: