Does anyone here read?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by fadeddd, Dec 6, 2010.

1. I kind of suck at reading when I get too high, but my mom wants me to go to this bookstore today to buy a book, because I guess any time you buy a book today there's 15 dollars donated to the school she teaches at...

Anyways, any books I should check out? I don't hardly ever read, and the only author I can honestly say I like from experience is Dennis Lehane.

I think I want some kind of book that will really fuck with my head, or some really crazy dystopian future.. I usually like that kind of stuff.

2. Books are shitty.

3. Read 1984 or The Catcher In The Rye. Very good books.

4. Read "the giver" pretty crazy or "fahrenheit 451" by ray bradbury i like em both theyre good you should look into em

5. The Catcher In The Rye is great. The main character is really funny and mentally iohewf like me. Loved it.

6. In the Heat of the Night

7. I hope they serve beer in hell or assholes finish first there pretty great

8. anything buy stephen king will f%^k with ur mind the last i read was about a cell phones turning people into like zombies it was out there

9. If you plan on getting high get Dune, or a graphic novel like watchmen. Both are quality.

Also, the book I Am Legend is very short and VERY easy to get into. Nothing like the movie, one of the best books i've ever read.

10. Get a good "American Short Stories" collection, can't usually go wrong with those.

11. yeah dude reading is awesome... one of the best ways to pass time, without wasting time. reading increases your vocabulary, and exposes you to some of the brightest minds that have walked the earth.

12. The Catcher In The Rye is one of those books that if you read it, it will probably change your perspective on some things. (Like society in general.)

It's also one of the books that a lot of directors want to make into a movie but JD Salinger wouldn't allow to be.

Donnie Darko is one exception on it though as the main character acts like Holden throughout the whole movie.

13. THIS!! read dune man... its so sick.

14. I had to read The Giver in school and I read the whole book in a couple hours sitting on my porch when I got locked out of my house. Amazing book.

I've heard of The Catcher In the Rye, maybe I'll check it out. What does "iohewf" mean?

15. read the monkey wrench gang, or pilgrim at tinker creek or anything by kurt vonnegut

16. I think holden is a whiney bitch with some good ideas but some bad ones. but I don'k need anyone constantly reminding me of what is phony

17. "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. A little heavy if you have kids though. I have a son and got teary-eyed a few times. Good read about a post-apocalyptic world.

18. To Kill A Mockingbird was rated #2 under the Bible for most important piece of literature or some shit.

Read "Exit Here." it's in the teen's section probably and it's a drug book (about a coke fiend) with a crazy twist ending.

19. Here's a true short story to sell you on this book:
    One of my friends who NEVER has read a book for enjoyment asked me one day what book he should read, I replied The Catcher. He called me up a few days later saying "It was a perfect book." Especially since this book was made in the 1950's and the main character who's only a teenager drinks, smokes, cusses, and looks at society as a whole as a "waste." It's very enjoyable.

20. Catch 22 by Joseph Heller is a really great book. All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Marie Remarque is another one, and Animal Farm by George Orwell is another one. H. G. Wells' Time Machine is also great... I love books...:hello: