Does anyone here own a Fennec Fox?

Discussion in 'General' started by Deer Dance, Mar 24, 2012.

1. i know monkeys can go ape shit at times. but the monkeys i wan't are the size of my hand. i know they'd be a handfull but it'd be cool to have them trained as little gardeners

2. Their still horrable pets and can do a lot of damage it's more work than a kid

3. I know people who have had exotic animals before. I used to raise scorpions for a short period of time, so you kinda meet all types of animal owners/breeders.

I always wanted a fennec fox. they look awesome. But from what I've heard they dont make great pets. Foxes tend to burrow, like a lot of animals, so fennec foxes are very hyper, like to dig a lot, constantly active. They are a lot more work than the average cat or dog.
    I'm not saying you should or shouldn't get one. It's up to you wether or not you think you can handle it. But from being in the exotic animal culture for a little while, you see a lot of horrible owners who buy exotic animals then can't handle it when those exotic animals, act just like what they are... wild exotic animals.

4. just cuz i want them, doesn't mean i'm going to the Amazon to capture them. I'm just saying it would be soo adorable to have a lil pride of them living and maintaining a garden of mine.

5. Yeah I will wait till i'm done with college till I get one

6. if you want a pet fox now you could always get one of these:
    [​IMG]

7. A Photoshopped cat's head on top of a different feline slash dog mixed body with an abnormally long tail?

[​IMG]

8. no its a real breed of cat called a Somali

9. Oh, a Somali is a cat breed that gets its head Photoshopped on top of a feline slash dog weird lookin thing with fluffy tail attached? Science these days...

10. Pet foxes can be a pain, especially the Fennec. I used too know a guy that had one. It was chill but the thing was constantly trying too dig. He couldnt let it go even in a fenced back yard because they it would dig out. It was still "wild" even though it came from a breeder, it just put up with my friend more or less.

11. Dang i'd hate to get a fox and have it dig off and run away

12. they are so stinkin cute... Foxes tend to smell skunky especially if they piss every where. Idk about these guys though
    heres a vid I found:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6yIgG6sw_k&feature=related]Fennecs are absolutely crazy - YouTube[/ame]

13. [quote name='"thelizardkin"']Never been to into the warm blooded exotic pets[/quote]

Your name makes sense now. Lol

14. Yeah that is actually a big concern with them. If the little things can shred carpet like crazy imagine dirt under a fence. Some people go as far as putting some sort of fence below grownd in hopes they cant escape. I just think that too go through all that trouble for the chance that your pet might not be happy isnt worth it.

15. Aww I know what you mean, that would be so sad too:(