Does Anyone Here Collect Gold Or Silver? Or Platinum? Or Palladium? Or Rhodium?

Discussion in 'General' started by Senior PoopiePants, May 5, 2014.

1. #1 Senior PoopiePants, May 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    There are a lot of cool precious metals to invest in. For instance, silver is at about $19 an ounce and it might shoot up real soon. Gold is around $1300 an ounce. In 2004, it was almost $500 an ounce. Platinum has been steady at around $1400 an ounce.

Anyways, you can buy ounces of these metals, or even grams. I can't save money like a normal person (bank, stacking cash) because it's just boring. I need something I can see and touch, and also fondle ( :yummy: ).

It's a great way to save and also invest, because the prices can always go up, and you can ride the market until it's at a good price to buy or sell.

But even if you aren't doing it so much for investing, but like how I do it to save, it's still fun, and you feel like a G.

I've been saving for about 7 months - little by little, thanks to a decent job delivering pizza!

Here's my collection of just my precious metals. I also have a nice coin collection that's worth as much as I have in gold and silver (well, some of my coins are indeed silver as well, but they're considered separate in this case). Some of my favorite coins are pictured, but that's only a few of them. Everything you see here is worth about $1,000.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's my gold and platinum! The gold coin is 1/4 ounce of gold and cost $362. The platinum coin is 1/10 ounce platinum and cost $177.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: Those above 2 coins, 3 bars of silver, and $20 were recently traded for this one coin. Gold:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, do you guys have any silver or gold or anything else? Share it with The City! :hello:

2. Also, the best part about this, is that you can just buy an ounce of silver every week and keep accumulating until you get many ounces. Then you can trade them in for bigger things and get variety. Start small like I did, and before you know it, you'll have a collection like me and if something happens, you'll have a backup! This collection is actually specifically for if my transmission on my car dies or for other major automobile repairs - since my job relies on my ride. Like I said, I deliver pizza, and I need a fund for repairs, and this is it.

And if my car just happens to live for a few more years, I'll have thousands of dollars and then I'll be able to buy a really nice car! And in the meantime, I have something awesome to look at and show people. I can't lose! And never can you if you do this.

Try out some place like www.apmex.com. Check out one ounce silver bars:

http://www.apmex.com/category/1190/1-oz-silver-bars

Check out those links now!

3. #3 Senior PoopiePants, May 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
    Nevermind.

4. #4 UnsuspiciousUsername, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
    Ooo shiny. 

Edit:
    I don't have silver.
    But I have three credit cards and a debit card, with large limits.
    AMEX and Visa. 

5. I think you're doing a very smart thing. If this is what it takes to become excited about saving then do it.  And never say "you can't lose" again.  You can and will lose a large percentage of your savings investing in silver and gold.  When that happens just remember if you hadn't invested in it you wouldn't have saved anything.

6. Nah, I collect comic books.

I'm down with the precious metals though!

Nice collection!

7. I like silver and yes I've thought about buying silver ingots

But didn't really understand it, and if I could make money.

I might actually do it. I got a spare £300 I could invest

8. I invest in marijuana. It's been a volatile year though.

9. nigga gotta pound of copper.

It looks and feels awesome. And you can kill someone with a bar of copper. It has a lot of weight to it.

yeah half a pound.

Which will cave-in someone's skull.

13. I'm interested in collecting gold and such I have absolutely no faith in the American or canadian for that matter dollar. Get gold fuck the dollar it has no monetary value since the government just keeps printing it raising the debt sealing and no gold standard.

14. #14 Spliff Shady, May 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
    For some reason it double posted

15. .03 OZ. of Unobtanium.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I will bite. I'm not gonna post any pictures but I have a large 2 shelf safe with a decent amount of precious metals and coins in it. Been buying it for about 8 years. Based off the increase in metal value I have been quite profitable. You are on a smart path. It's only going to increase in value. Our resources are becoming used up and more and more scarce.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II. I know you bitchez be jealous.

17. I want to collect some...had an awesome coin collection when i was a kid and when i moved out my mom threw out or sold all my shit..i got my dad some silver for xmas since hes like a prepper

i was just being a smartass coz you said "it has a weight to it" and I said "half a pound" like that's the weight it has to it... literally. hehe. no doubt you could kill someone with that shiny conductive ingot.

19. Where does that gold and silver (or any precious metal for that matter) come from? Mines in the US or maybe Canada?

20. More likely is Africa or Southeast Asia.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Finmmmn