Does anyone have friends like this?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ParanoidAtBest, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Call him out man, tell him hes chill but being annoying as fuck.

If he doesn't straighten up, peace out. Why listen to an obnoxious dick all day?

2. so its your only friend and he's a dick?

That really sucks. Try to make new friends at work or school or any social activity, and get rid of the people who don't appreciate you.

3. Not my ONLY friend, I mean, I have others, they just live really far... i.e, 30 minutes +
    He's not ALWAYS a dick, just usually. It's really annoying, you know?

4. Thats just his way of displaying affection and showing that your his friend.

Just stop being a baby, and rip on him back. Next time he calls u idiot just jokingly call him a dumbass.

And if he gets mad from that, then you dont need to be his friend anymore now do you?

5. I'm not trying to seem rude, but please.. read the thread before commenting, man.
    He doesn't insult me out of AFFECTION, he does it to generally be a dick. When I insult him back(the times that I actually do) he gets bent out of shape a bit.
    :smoking:

6. this will solve all your problems from here on out.....

next time you chill with him and smoke try and talk about different shit like lets say different strains of bud if he calls you a dumbass punch his bitch ass square in the chin and then go back to being normal and smoke your piece he won't know what hit him and most likely he will be too shocked to do anything so just go on about your business and continue smoking your herb after you knock some sense into him

there problem solved :cool: lol

7. Problem not solved, unfortunately. I don't fight, nor do I condone in hitting others. Of course, there are times when violence is a must.. however, I find myself to be a peaceful being.
    :X

8. it sounds like he's just busting your balls.

9. ...sigh. I don't know what to think. He is constantly insulting me

10. I only read first post, but I did have a friend like that.

We hung out and knew each other since preschool-no joke.

Many many years later (when we were about 16) he turned into a total prick (okay, he kind of always was) and we would argue all the time. Then we stopped hanging out, because I didn't want to deal with him. Turns out he started telling everyone i was a huge asshole (this behavior continued a couple months til it stopped). Now he hangs out with people who are much dumber and who he used to ridicule himself. It's because he thinks it makes him cool.

I would say, confront him now, tell him to stop. He does it so often he'll think he's a better person than you and will see it as reason to put you down in front of others. If this hasn't started already, it will.

Say something to him now, if he stops then you may recover your friendship, if he doesn't your friendship may be lost for good.

Trust me, been there.

11. Good idea, man/.

12. Oh yeah, also...

We were best friends for elementary, middle school, and the early part of high school.

The less you say about it/more this conflict continues will just make you angrier. It's not a good feeling to have, I know. But it's interesting to look at the psychology. Since he's been putting you down he's going to consider you one of his friends, but he considers himself to be above you. This caused problems for me with arguments and talk behind my back.

It's seriously something you need to bring up and kill quickly.