Does anyone have any arguments AGAINST the Ancient Astronaut theory?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Senior PoopiePants, Dec 1, 2010.

1. If so - please. I never get far with people - just thrown ad-hominems.

I want a respectful debate on this subject.

I myself am convinced without a doubt that the AA is correct.

The proof?

1: Religion
    2: The missing link
    3: The fact that the Earth was created around 10 billion years after the big bang. That gives other planets more than enough time to create life, evolve and (eventually) move out of their solar systems. Just because we can't achieve faster-than-light travel doesn't mean some other race hasn't!

10 BILLION YEARS. That's a lot of fucking time.

According to what I think I know, however, this is the whole shebang (JUST A THEORY - DON'T FUCKING ATTACK ME - just what I believe):

Some race came here - perhaps more than one - some millions of years ago. They created beings by using their genes and the genes of some primate. (We can already do this if we wanted to, but it's morally unacceptable; cloning, genetically engineering, etc.)

Anyway, apparently their first try wasn't too successful. That could have been the first kind of human that we know of: Homo Habilis (Homo habilis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

They tried again and again and apparently stopped at the Homo Sapien. Genesis from the bible was most definitely (though ripped off from Sumerian mythology) loosely based on this ("WE created man in OUR own image" - It says that in Genesis 1 - read it for yourself).

Perhaps Yahweh/Jehova from the bible wasn't one entity, but a group - or perhaps a hierarchy system (kings, queens, etc.). Maybe that's where we even got that system from in the first place. Check out Sumerian Mythology.

So basically, pick up the bible, and replace the words "God, Angels, Demons, Satan" with Extra Terrestrials, and it tends to make a lot more sense.

Same with the "missing link".

I seriously don't understand how this can't be somewhat of what happened.

ET's playing God. Look at history - there are so many unexplained things and the concept of aliens plugs into everything perfectly.

Or am I just fucking nuts? If I am, what about some religious zealots, and even some religions (Mostly the Abrahamic religions).

It all goes back to aliens.

Please lets discuss in a civilized manner. And to the skeptics - please explain.

• Like Like x 3

2. yeah it's fucking stupid

• Like Like x 1
  3. That was brilliant. You see, folks, what we have here is such incredible intellect crammed into just 4 words! How DOES he do it???

AMAZING! Congratulations!

4. Not quite.

5. None of that is really evidence or proof. This lack of evidence the main problem with the AA theory.

6. nah man you're right, I'm still workin on the report of my full version of reptilian theory and my theory on the origins of life but that plays a significant role in the current state of affairs of the world.

7. It could very well be proof. Literally put 2 and 2 together. Bible --> Science ---> ET's. It bridges the gaps. You haven't given me much - just saying that mine isn't proof and there is no evidence. You have to do better than that.

The bible isn't just an ordinary book. It's documenting something and was obviously tampered with (Paul, Constantine, King James).

Evolution - Missing link - We can mess with genetics - Aliens most definitely exist because the universe is so big and old - bible - myths - come on!

Dude - I'm giving you pieces of the puzzle. Just put them together. They're there. Perhaps it's just more obvious than you think.

8. i will look for it but yea, a lot of what this theory is based on from the Sumerian's is based off a misinterpretation of what they said. Similar to the Mayan's with their calender, most think they ended it on 2012 but it doesn't, it's actually a circle that just repeats. It just so happens that the last day before it starts over again is that day. And they didn't believe that the world was going to end but that a "new age" would begin. Subtle but important differences.

Personally I think it's interesting but the people that came up with this theory just linked a lot of strange things together from various places around the globe despite they not actually being linked.

1) just because there are religions in the world? I don't get how this is proof. I know there are some religions that have strange, alien sounding things in them but that isn't proof. The bible says the world was covered in a flood but we really think that it was just particular area's because back then it would have seemed like the entire world even though it was only, say the middle east area, that was covered. Large for them, small for us.

2) While interesting this idea is just wrong. It's based off the same guy that was talked about in another thread (about all atoms have black holes at the center or some such). He's a very tricky guy in that he uses a lot of real science but changes minor things so that his theories work.

3) It also gives them plenty of time to die off. There are a lot more ways for a civilization to die off than there are of it making it. Just because there are aliens in the universe doesn't mean they are wandering around seeding life on various planets.

The main problem I have with AA theory is the question why. Why seed a planet? The same guy that says the Sumerian's are the result of these aliens also say that they did it because they wanted slave labor to mine the earth for gold and minerals. Nevermind that even today we have machines that are much better at doing it than people would ever be. I can't see a group of beings that could travel here from anyplace else would bother to create a species just to mine the planet when it would be a whole lot easier to just make a machine that does it and doesn't eat, sleep, breed, or revolt.

Interesting idea just don't see it though, the evidence they provide for the theory is just bits of various civilizations that have no connection to each other.

Although I will say the one thing that I did find really interesting is the book of Eli, not the movie but the actual book. That's the one thing I can think of that isn't based on some sort of "best guess" type thing, whereas a lot of the Sumerian info is.

9. My argument is that there's zero credible evidence FOR it, save speculation.
    That assumed without evidence should be dismissed similarly.

10. To harvest. :devious:

[​IMG]

11. It isn't evidence though, it is still just speculation. There is no hard evidence to support the fact that aliens visited Earth. Is it possible aliens visited Earth? Yes. Is it likely that they have visited Earth? I, personally, would assume that it is likely they can visit Earth... I couldn't tell you if they've been here or not.

My biggest problem with the idea is that it downplays the role of life and humanity itself, as if life and consciousness need to be kick-started by an already developed being. Human technological advancement is also something that pisses me off about ancient alien theory. Human ingenuity is pretty fucking pro, man. I don't like the people that say aliens had given us their technology to create the pyramids and stuff like that. Humans did it, and yes it is amazing that humans did it. That is just how humans roll. Amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Well to begin with, your first and third reasons in support of the ancient alien theory are circumstantial, not solid evidence. Just because you CAN replace god, angels, and whatnot with aliens does not mean it is proof. Same thing with the third piece of evidence, just because 10 billion years is enough for life to develop on other planets and attain sentience, do not mean that it did occur (im not saying there isn't life out there, because there is). Those pieces of evidence rely on what COULD have occurred, not what did.

The discussion of the missing link is one that can be easily disproved. To begin with, let me clarify, there is NO missing link. The missing link theory is a relic of genetics and evolution. Evolution is an extremely gradual process, and anthropology actually has a rather good idea of the working of the human genetic lineage. Here is link to a NatGeo article that sums it up pretty well:

The Evolutionary Road - National Geographic Magazine
    Heres a good quote from a paleotologist on page 11 of the article:

I asked White whether Ardi's transitional form might justify calling Ar. ramidus a "missing link." He bristled at the very question.
    "That term is wrong in so many ways, it's hard to know where to begin," he said. "Worst of all is the implication that at some point there existed something halfway between a chimp and a human. That's a popular misconception that has plagued evolutionary thought from the beginning, and one Ardi should bury, once and for all."

Another flaw with the genetic combination theory is that genetically, we could easily see if an alien species had tampered with our genetics. If, and this is a big if, alien creatures had come to earth, they would likely have a radically different genetic structure than primates. Combining the two genomes simply wouldn't work. An alien genome might not even be a nitrogen based helical structure with base pairs like ours. If anything had tampered with the human genome by combining alien genes with early human genes, it would be VERY obvious when modern humans examine our genetic structure.

That being said, i cannot completely dismiss the ancient alien theory. Though i highly disagree that humans are a genetic mutant between primates and aliens, i cannot disprove that an alien race could have jump-started our cultural evolution. I still find it highly improbable however.

• Like Like x 2
  13. poor OP everyone disagreeing with his theory. i personally think it makes a lot of sense. i don't have all the pieces but it seems 100% logical to me that aliens have something to do with our ancient past. how much of an impact they had i don't know. sadly i dont think we will ever know unless the aliens come back and tell us.

14. #14 adambommb, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
    theres too much shit in the bible about "gods" transcending from the heavens and all that its impossible for me not to believe in ancient astronauts, and i dont see why its so hard for other people to believe, theyre just hard headed and not open minded
    i dont agree with the seeding thing, i believe it was just a comet or an asteroid that brought the components necessary for life

15. ehhhhhh From what I see coming out of the proponents of the AA theory, they connect dots with dotted lines, if you get my drift. Correlation and coincidence =/= causation.

They need what all science needs, conclusive evidence which may be independently reviewed/tested. They still lack that.

I'm not going to lie, I would not be particularly surprised if it turned out to be at least slightly true; and I see it as a plausibility, buuuut I cannot simply accept it with the amount of data it lacks.

16. #16 rubbs, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2010
    if ancient astronaut theory was true you would think that there would be more contact between humans and the aliens/astronaut throughout history. this is part of the lack of evidence.
    and I don't believe that governments have been hiding the info because how could they stop the aliens from contacting the people, unless of course the aliens are the government:eek:

personally i think the ancient astronaut theory is waaaaaay more credible than the version of the bible or whatever religion. If I understood, you are basing AA on what religious scriptures say, it looses even more credibility imo

edit: as poster above said correlation/coincidence =/= causation

17. Aliens do contact people lol, everybody else calls them crazy though.

18. well, if they are responsible for human beings, then you would think that there would be more of an open contact. but what do i know about their plans lol

19. Do you have any evidence that even remotely suggests this theory to be true, OP?

20. This is me pretty much, actually. I still believe humans (life in general) are pro enough to have done everything on their own, however it wouldn't necessarily surprise if AA were true.

The correlation and coincidence =/= causation is also very true.