Does anyone have an ulcer?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Senior PoopiePants, Jan 10, 2011.

1. #1 Senior PoopiePants, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
    I apologize for what appears to be a mindless thread, but I can assure you it's not. And I know what people have to say about asking for medical advice on an online forum. But please read if you're in the same boat as me.

I've had heartburn since I was 8. I shit you not. The ulcer-part of it started around when I was 18 or so. It feels like after you get punched in the stomach and the stomach itself (feels like) balls up/tightens up and you can't breathe. That's EXACTLY how my ulcer feels, but it's constant (hours at a time). And it's literally just as painful. No exaggeration.

Well, I usually just deal with the heartburn and even the ulcer, but it seems to be getting serious.

To make a long story short, it hurt so bad yesterday that I thought if I puked up the stomach acid and bile I would feel better.

The first time I puked, it worked for only a few minutes. Soon it came back with a vengeance.

I decided to induce vomiting a second time (something I never do). This time I got scared. The first round of puking was stomach acid and in it I saw floating black things that look like blood clots (evidence of a bleeding ulcer - which is very well known to be deadly). Then the bile came and man... THAT. SHIT. SUCKS. There is NOTHING that tastes worse than bile!

Why not go to a hospital? I know, I know. I just owe them thousands and thousands - I have no coverage and no job. Perhaps it's a stupid reason.

But the main reason I don't want to go is because I don't want to be temped to ask for pain killers, because it does hurt that bad. I'm probably going to end up going anyway and I'll just tell them I had a problem with them in the past.

Anyways, I wrote this thread so I can get some more insight and personal experiences on this horrible condition.

Has anyone else ever had a bleeding ulcer? Really bad heartburn? Lets talk about it - please.

I've never seen evidence of a bleeding ulcer in me, and I'm quite shook up.

I have a job interview at 2:45. I fucking busted some blood vessels in my face from puking too. I hope they don't notice. I might go to the ER after that... Fuck my life.

2. Get to a hospital man that sounds awful and dangerous. I hope you get that job so you can get yourself some health insurance and pay back your medical bills.

3. Thanks. Yeah, I got the job indeed, and the benefits are outstanding.

Immediate prescription discount

After 90 days full coverage, so I'm good.

I'm going to wait until it gets worse until I go to the hospital. I'm still alive, so... But I still feel it, though not as bad.

I'll be ok. :)

4. #4 DeidreH, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011
    I've had an ulcer before. It wasn't fun. I couldn't stand up for a week. The least you could do is visit a friend who is a doctor, or tell your doctor that you KNOW you have an ulcer, and to not do a scope test which costs big money if you don't have insurance. I took aciphex for mine. The pain went away within a couple days. Hope everything works :) Also, now that you have that job, you really should just get to the doctor. It will save you a lot of suffering... It's a quick procedure to find out exactly where your ulcer is. And then prescribe you some medicine. And then *poof*...the pain is gone.

5. Dude I'm sorry you may have a ulcer. A few of my buddies have been through this. From my experience most ulcers start with stress and are exacerbated by diet. That is to say you need to work on the underling stress in your life. This is a book I used to give to my dudes for the diet part:

Healthy Digestion the Natural Way: Preventing and Healing Heartburn, Constipation, Gas, Diarrhea, Inflammatory Bowel and Gallbladder Diseases, Ulcers, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Food Allergies, & More By D. Lindsey Berkson

Good luck blade

6. pain killers are not the way to go if you have an ulcer. That'll only make the problem worse. Try making some edibles instead to deal with the pain