Does Anyone Have A Purple Days Vape?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Mr. Bill, May 21, 2009.

1. #1 Mr. Bill, May 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2009
    Hey guys,

I am looking to invest in a vaporizer, and I'm 99% sure I want to get a Purple Days. However, the only fucking site you can get it in North America from is Vapenow.com, and every time I look it is out of stock. How long did it take you proud owners to get your hands on one of these devices and do you have any tips that can help me to find when they are available??

They say they will have plenty next week... I have my fingers crossed

2. It sells out in a few minutes every time it's put online. Check back on it in a couple months when its popularity levels itself.

3. I've been trying to get my hands on one for a while, they are very hard to get. Since they are hand made by the husband and wife, as you may know, they are produced slowly and sell out fast. It is definitely a great device, just hard to get. Since they have switched all their orders to Vapenow, it will take some time until they are readily available, as aero said...

4. If you want to keep yourself informed on the status of the device, head over to fuckcombustion.com. The maker of the Purple Days vaporizer is an active member there as well. Just refrain from complaining about the problems of its availability. :p

5. would contacting the producer directly be a possibility? you might be able to reserve one by direct contact, but i have no experience with producers only head shops

6. No. That used to be the only way to get one. Now, just recently, they moved all of their order handling to VapeNow so they can focus on producing units...

7. almost bought one but i went with vaporbros for better temp control. they look sturdy and legit but i dont think the quilaty matches the price tag.

8. #8 lwien, May 21, 2009
    You're right. The quality doesn't match the price tag. The PD should sell for MORE than what it sells for.

I know of no other vape that is TOTALLY hand made, that takes 4 hours to produce each one, that is beautiful to look at and is considered to be a work of art by many, that is totally RoHS compliant, that is virtually indestructible and is the most efficient vape on the planet. I know of no other vapes where you can get 4 solid vapor rich tasty hits from a mere 0.025g.

I know many people that have multiple vapes including myself. Many have the SSV, the 'Cano and the Purple Days, and almost every one uses the PD as their daily workhorse, then hit their whip vapes for super bong type hits, and then the 'Cano for party situations, but as a personal vape, the PD is hard to beat...........at any price.

The ONLY downside is they're REALLY hard to get now. I got mine for 150 when they were being sold direct by Tom, the inventor, but now, since they got so damn popular, they are really hard to get. Tom makes only 20 a week and he will not hire someone else to help make them for fear that the quality of his handmade vapes will suffer.

Oh, one more thing. Their after-purchase customer service is beyond reproach. Tom and his wife Pammy are great people to deal with and I have no doubt that VapeNow will follow in their footsteps.

The PD is not a mass produced vape like the VaporBros or just about any other vape out there. They are litterally hand made by them on their dining room table. Tom is in the process of building a workshop to make things a bit easier, but the 4 hour building process against the super high demand for his product is causing long inventory shortages. Things MAY ease up down the line, but then again, maybe not. The only thing that I can suggest is to keep an eye on VapeNow as to when they get them in stock and then be ready to spend some time hitting the refresh button.

But then again, if you really don't care about the things that I mentioned above, just get another vape. Lots of good ones out there. As a matter of fact, if you're on the fence as to weather to get one or not, I suggest NOT to get one, thereby allowing those that REALLY want one, the opportunity to get theirs a bit sooner.

9. anyone here own one? i'm curious what the tube thing is made out of, i read on their site its not glass or plastic o_O if anyone wants to share the secret please do :D

10. lwein seems to know the most about them from what I have gathered/read. Shoot him a PM I'm sure he'll help :)

11. #11 lwien, May 21, 2009
    I own two.

The stem (tubing) is made of very hard, food grade, odorless and heat resistant polypropylene and stainless steel.

A good one page faq on the PD can be found here: http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Purple-Days

12. $180 for a vape that takes 30 minutes to heat up? it prob wouldnt take 4 hours to make if he had the right workshop. im not saying its not a good vape but i am saying the price is a little high for what your buying.

and i like how at the end of his durability tests he shakes the vape real violent lol.

13. #13 lwien, May 21, 2009
    The vape is designed to stay on 24/7, so regarding heat up time, there is none. It's heat up time is instant. It only draws 8 watts, about the same as 2 night lights. So............the first time you plug it in, it takes 30 minutes to get up to vapor range, but from then on, it's instant.

Is that a negative for a 180 dollar vape? In my mind, having a vape that can be hit instantly anytime you want, is a positive, but I've said it before. This vape is not for everyone, and considering the wait time to get one, that's a good thing.

Why the PD may not be for everyone?
    If you want a portable vape that can be used outside, the PD is not for you.
    If you need to keep your vape hidden from your parents thereby requiring that you not keep it plugged in 24/7, this vape is not for you.
    If you want a party vape, this vape is not for you.
    If you want a vape that will always provide easy draw huge bong like vapor hits and are willing to give up efficiency to accomplish this, this vape is not for you.

The PD is really designed as an efficient, reliable, easy to use, personal vape, and in this aspect, it has few, if any peers.

14. :eek: Iwien you have 2??! You lucky bastard!

I joke of course, I would prefer to call you smart for getting your hands on these early. At first when I began looking at these units, I had only known of their great build quality and efficiency. But now I have been reading about them much more, and the story of Tom and Pammy touches me [no, not in that way]; they are awesome people and a textbook example of what a picture perfect craft team is. You can tell when he won't let anyone work for him, he has his eyes on quality. I intend to wait my turn on vapenow, but I do intend to shoot an email to these guys giving them props; they truly deserve it.

15. Yeah, they do deserve your praise. They are a retired couple and the PD is obviously a work of passion for them. They could do a lot of things to automate the building process but they take too much pride in what they build. They really feel that whoever purchases their product becomes part of the PD family, and they treat their customers just like family. I know of no other vape manufacturer where you can have constant contact with the owners, builders and inventors either through the FC site or direct email. They are truly a pleasure to do business with and it is rare when you can find a company that puts honesty, integrity and pride of build quality above the all mighty dollar.........so it's not just that the vape that is such a great product, but the two people behind the vape that makes the price of admission a no brainer.

But, for some, they could care less about these things, so for them, it may not be worth the wait to get one.

16. When do these normally come in stock? I think I read somewhere that it's on Weds. Anyone have an estimated time range (and what time zone)?

17. If you're ordering from inside the US, it's gonna come from VapeNow which is located in Vermont, Eastern Time Zone.

You're right. Wednesdays is when they went up for sale in the past, but I think the best bet is to just keep an eye out on the VapeNow site, cause things can change.

Now I'm kinda feeling bad about hyping this product because all I'm doing here is making the supply issues worse. VapeNow gets 20 of them a week and they sell out in 3 to 7 minutes. Kinda sucks if ya want one but it is what it is, a limited supply hand built product. Demand is outpacing supply, but Tom refuses to do anything that would compromise quality.

18. Wow, if anyone actually went to the vapenow website and looked at the purple days vap. YOU WOULD READ!!!!!!!!!

Good News/Bad News time. The bad news is that due to a delay with some components required for making the Purple Days, we will not have any units available this week (week of 5/18/09). The good news is that next week, we should have twice as many PDs as usual.

See what reading and reserch does.

19. LOL and ducky, if you read the OP, that was already pretty established. If you think I went through the process of understanding exactly how it works, the next logical step would be how to get my hands on it. What it hadn't said on the website is when exactly the times when the vapes are posted online; hence my question on whether people knew or not. But hey, just recently they also posted this piece of information too: they're gonna give us tracking numbers now. Don't be such a dick man.

20. not to be a dick. but researching and reading actually does a lot more for the most of the simplest question. and that answers 70% of the question at hand. the other 30% is what day/time and such.