Does anyone have a job in the political science field?

Discussion in 'General' started by IMAEREHW, Feb 22, 2011.

1. This can be anything related to city, state, or national government. You could be a political columnist, a city planner, on the board of aldermen, WHATEVER!

Basically... I put off doing my homework until two days before it's due (not knowing it was going to be this kind of assignment), and the assignment is to interview someone in the field I want to find work in after college. If anyone here can fill out the information, and are able and willing to provide contact information (a phone number or email address) in a private message (as requested by my teacher), I would really appreciate it. Here is the list of questions.

2. I'm in Political Science, but I'm still in college so I don't count.

3. Same. We're useful...

4. call up your town mayor or something. If you search hard enough you could definitely find someone to get on the phone with you for a minute.

5. #5 IMAEREHW, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2011
    Bummer. Internships count as well, if that helps at all.

edit: yeah, the plan is to start calling after i get this other homework done. I didn't realize this week would be so demanding in this class. It's all online, and its a mandatory class the college makes everyone take. From the past homework, I've found out that most of the work isn't that hard and can be done in about ten minutes. I just didn't think ahead, so now I'm struggling to get it all done before I head off to work in a few hours. This assignment has like 10 parts to it. I was very surprised when I opened up the document to read what I had to do this week.

6. Are you doing Political Science stuff at college then?

Coz mine isn't even close to this kinda thing, mines all theories and reading boring ass books about abstract shit...

7. It sounds like busy work from a freshman seminar class. I had to do the same thing, when I was an education major.

Fuck that class. It was only 1 credit hour and I had more work than most of my other classes.

8. #8 IMAEREHW, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2011
    I'm working on my AA degree right now, while tieing up some loose ends in the legal trouble I'm in. This is just a mandatory course to graduate with an AA degree. It's called "Intro to College", which is odd, considering I've been taking college level courses since my Junior year in high school.

But when I did take some Poli. Sci. classes, they were a lot of theory. My IR class was basically all theory... mostly the Prisoners Dillema and how it effected international relations. Talk about headache.

edit:

This is the exact class I'm taking. I'm a sophomore when it comes down to credits, but the class is mandatory. this class fucking sucks.

9. Fair.

I think the structure of degrees is pretty different between America and the UK anyway.

10. Call your local Democratic party. The people doing work in the party are all poli sci people usually.