Does anyone ever get depressed the day after smoking?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Fuggy, Jun 16, 2010.

1. #21 Green Piece, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2010

I have smoked off and on for some years. I know that when I was new to smoking herb, I would occasionally have more disorienting experiences, but I never had conspiracies like that....

Overall I thought that most adverse effects of smoking herb became less so as time goes by & you and your body get more familiar with the process of smoking mj...

When I've noticed depressive tendencies they've been slight and have probably usually gone after 1 or 2 days....

I always tell people to drink lots of water b/c I'm convinced that a lot of adverse effects come from being dehydrated while getting high. Chug that water people! :cool:

I never had conspiracies dude but pot is not for everyone.... It may or may not be for you. It affects each person differently, so each person has to decide if it's good for you or not...

You know I have my own depressive tendencies completely separate from pot... "St. John's Wart" is a cheap herbal supplement (from the drug store or grocery store) that seems to balance & lift up my mood....

2. Dude OP... I had practically the EXACT same problem with smoking weed.
    I'm actually surprised that someone else had the problems that were as severe as mine.

I remember when I FIRST started smoking weed, it was the best time all the time. Laughing until I literally couldn't breathe anymore, eating a whole bag of chips in one sitting, music completely blowing me away.. But after awhile, it went away.
    I started to have these crazy thoughts when I was burnin out. I always thought people were talking about me, and I was just a joke to them. Like I was around just for something to laugh at. I would always go home at the end of the night, and think about a conversation I had with someone earlier that day, and think.."wow...why the fuck would I say that? They probably think Im such an idiot" And I would just evaluate my day and who I talked to. It was messed up. And I would always put these crazy scenarios in my head like you were saying.. Like for example, I know this sounds retarded but... I actually convinced myself I was gay for about 30 minutes ahah. Straight up. I thought I was a gay sub-conciously, and I just realized it now. And I thought that EVERYONE thought I was gay for some reason as well. It scared the FUCK out of me. I actually remember saying "omfg...I can't believe this.. this cant be true." But eventually I snapped the fuck out of it and realized...I can't be gay because women turn me on, men don't.. lol. It was a pretty simple solution.
    I was also depressed ALL the time. About NOTHING. It was a straaaaaaaaaaaange feeling, I can't even begin to describe it. But I felt like I hit rock bottom at one point. Like I couldn't feel any worse. One of the worst times I've ever had in my life.

It took me a LONG time and lots of mental strength to try and get over that depression I had. In fact... I still have it a bit, but I feel as if I'm making good progress to overcome it. I stopped smoking weed for about a month, and I'm doing it everyday again, and it doesn't really happen that much anymore.

One day at a time.

3. I get depressed sometimes, but thats just from thinking entirely way too much. I think you need to do what I should do, RELAX! You know no one is out to get you, you know who you are, enjoy your life and have fun.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Happens to me sometimes, i'll just get depressed about life while high. I try to watch something funny or listen to music. Usually it dose not last to long

5. I personally have depression and anxiety issues. Usually it happens when I'm sober and I start getting afraid of things that seem like they could legitely happen or are happening. It makes your heart rush and your brain work like crazy trying to figure out these pieces to make it make sense. It rarely happens to me when I'm high because I lose my train of thought, but when it does happen, it's intense. It feels real, it feels scary, and you believe anything your mind tells you. That with depression can kinda suck and it happens.

Long story short, I believe the OP's story is true.

6. It's your brain telling you your doing something wrong, you must have a low quality diet, start taking a multi-vitamin and stay hydrated and this won't be an issue for you.

7. Day after smoking? An elementary problem my dear boy, and easy solved by turning it into the day you kept smoking.

8. At one point you become a guido if I read that right. Is that spelled right?

9. I have definitely had those conspiracy ideas about being autistic and whatnot. I thought I was the only one :eek:

10. #30 dabblerr, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
    Thanks for writing out this thread OP, I've actually been dealing with all the same experiences lately. I feel awesome when I'm stoned but later on I get depressed and paranoid. I know this isn't normal because I've had some awesome "stoneovers" as well. I don't want to quit using but at the same time I know I can't live like this every other day. Thanks for sharing, I'm just glad I'm not alone.

11. Ive had a few preminitions of people dying while i was high. After a while i just push it out if my head because i know im being silly. No ones ever died from me thimking it while high

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I smoke just about every day and I have never felt
    Any depression from weed. My friend though almost
    Always does after smoking. He says it goes against
    His morals and shit so he gets sad but then he still
    Does it haha

Anyway, maybe you get depressed because you think
    You're a loser because you smoke weed.

13. HOLY HUGE WALL OF TEXT BATMAN!!!

yea i didnt read a second of that wall but i cant say i do cause there isnt a day after smoking that doesnt contain more smoking, and its not that expensive ive made this 8th last like 6 days. 

14. Literally I feel this same way, i've smoked rarely before, but over this summer i've done it quite a bit more and this same stuff has been happening, somewhat like my life is fake.  The shitty part is tho the day after it doesn't sound stupid, it actually makes sense, it's like being high makes me more enlightened on the shadier parts of my life.  I hope this shit goes away with the longer you smoke, and I don't think it's necessarily depression tendencies, but more higher level thinking.  Anyways this thread helped open my eyes, thanks :)

15. Depression after smoking? Never happened.

AN UNDERCOVER ALIEN

16. I find myself a bit depressed and more likely to 'snap' the day after, I'm also more prone to stress, leading to smoking more.

I'm usually pretty good and can control myself, I also realise that most nights I smoke I have a late night, being tired will contribute to the above.

This right here explains my point of mood right now! lmao this is just... lol

18. i kinda feel a bit out of it the day after, not really depressed just kind of tired and dont really care about anything. i just want to sleep, if i have stuff to do i kind of do it at the last minute, i put it off till later. other times i feel depressed when i smoke, it just makes me think of what a fuck up i am and how i hate life, i come out of it though and then tell myself i wont get high again for a while but end up getting high the next day. i kind of like it and dont like it at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  19. i feel great the day after. it's like a stone-y, relaxed, peaceful afterglow. i love it man. feels just as good as smoking

20. Weed amplifies my inner thought
    My inner thought aren't always exactly good to my mental health.

Omega369