Does anyone else think we have nowhere but up to go from here?

Discussion in 'General' started by Immeco, May 9, 2011.

1. So, I've been thinking lately. I think that the pot laws are going to get better, and soon. I've been watching a few documentaries and reading articles and shit, and I'm pretty optimistic about the whole subject. We have new politicians coming into office that have smoked and do smoked marijuana.

I can say, with confidence, that in the next 10 years marijuana's going to either be legal, or decriminalized in a majority of America.

Iunno, just been smoking and thinking. :smoke:

2. Yeah I've got some 1979 high times articles claiming the same thing.

Actually I agree though. I don't know about ten years but certainly the next 30. The big issue is how do you turn 180 degrees? Politicians that have been bullshitting people and taking a "tough on drugs" stance can't just one day go to their constituents and say "Yeah actually that was all nonsense to get me re-elected by soccer moms and scared old people. We're going to legalize now because we've been ruining harmless peoples lives and careers, the economy, and undermining peoples trust in government authority".

But now we've got bankrupt states, and an increasing medical marijuana movement that is really a sham, and a way to backhandedly legalize drugs use for anyone concerned enough to get a license. Some states have already used millions made off it to balance their budget. That idea will spread, because politicians don't have to say they were wrong, old people aren't scared of it because it helps with arthritis and glaucoma, and its medical benefits are increasingly becoming undisputed with Big Pharma companies stepping into the mix with things like "sativex".

As more baby boomers die, and the politicians that placate them lose power, we'll start to see change.

But it is still debatable. Parents are some of the most easily manipulated people on Earth and new women get pregnant everyday. There is no bill you can't pass if you convince people its not good for their children. There is also hundreds of millions of dollars and tens of thousands of jobs set up in government agencies based on stopping marijuana use and they will put up a fight not to lose their industry.

3. its getting closer. once the older, more conservative people die off and this generation starts taking over, than there will be a change in drug laws.