Does anyone else think the Beats commercials are racist/sterotypical

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Zedstomper, Dec 26, 2013.

1. All of the little beat pill things are supposed to be (loud) black people.

and a course the white guy is goofy and can't dance.

Its disgusting 

2. My favorite commercial.  That blonde, mmm mmm mmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbtewxfcptw

3. I didn't attribute any emotions to the commercial, I just kept nodding my head whenever the music came on.

4. Eh, their market is the willfully ignorant. You've gotta cater

5. Do you honestly care? Those commercials are stupid anyway

6. I think they're a bit racist too. Especially the pink beats pill commercial.

7. Yes. Why else would I post a thread about it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Yeah, these are the teens who are saving up for months and months to buy $300 shitty headphones. I don't have any sympathy.

9. Lets not get butt hurt over a beats commercial.

10. I don't have cable, but if it's anything like the mcdonalds radio commercials where the guy eats his friend's chicken and tries to play if off (and you can tell they are suppose to be black due to afro-vernaculars like "see what had happened was..") then I would say yeah its super racist. Racism ain't just people going "I hate black people," it's also portrayal of a group in media. 

But I haven't seen this commercial before so idk.

11. Lmfao especially the kevin garnett commercial when they call him a black monkey

12. No link :(? Booooo

13. No. What's the problem?

It's done as a joke. It isn't hateful whatsoever.

Don't take it so seriously, it's that mindset that you have that lets you assume it's racist. I laughed my ass off at the white dude the first time I saw it because it was funny.

14. I think it's stereotypical and not racist.

15. There are even grown ass people buying them. At the gym I go to, I see some people wear them and I am like wtf?

16. Maybe try posting your rant in the General section instead of the smoking and usage section.  Your topic has fuck-all to do with cannabis.  Stop spamming the forum with irrellevant crap :)

17. Just don't buy this garbage and spend money on legit equipment like Sony, Audiotechnica, kilpsch, etc,.

Really ? How do you "wear" something like this ?

Anyway, when it comes to racism, people need to just stop and realize, regardless of race, or skin color, we are all > completely fucked up :)

19. [quote name="Zedstomper" post="19230923" timestamp="1388040220"]All of the little beat pill things are supposed to be (loud) black people.and a course the white guy is goofy and can't dance.Its disgusting [/quote] dude there suppsose to be the animals from Madagascar, did you notice the voices? And the pink one is the girl hippo.