Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does anyone else not like the idea of dabs or wax or any of that?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Po4381994, Jan 16, 2014.

1. No, they are not you are talking about bho or quiso, there are alternative kethods that extract without chemicals

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    I agree i love wax, but flower is for the every day wax is for the weekends

2. I have many scars, nails not the only problem, the torch gets maaad hot

3. Yea no ones mentioned ice or co2 wax

4. Tolorance is far from the only benifit to using oil. If you use a solventless wax, you are doing much less damage to your health.

5. Yea, i know! It seems as somw of these people are misinformed

6. I'm 50/50

I like flowers because of all the ways you can smoke, flavors, different highs

I like dabs because it's cleaner, dont gotta inhale tar all the time from burnt plant matter, quicker high

I do flowers 80% of the time and dab 20%

7. I've tried dabs, it was great. I still prefer flowers, though. Like you said, the ritual of smoking is fun. Concentrates are fun because they get you a lot higher, but it just isn't the same

Happy toking!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #68 keyser_soze, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    I personally hate everything about dabs. I am a well seasoned toker and have tried everything you can think of. Having said that there's a couple things about dabs that turn me off. The first is the alcohol/butane. That's all I taste when I smoke it. It feels like I'm smoking crazy amounts of chemicals. Secondly the fact you need to bring in chemicals to make it in the first place. And that really bums me out considering how "natural" and unprocessed weed smoking is supposed to be. That's one if the big reasons advocates like about weed. Other drugs you have to go through a process to make, mj grows you pick it and put it in your mouth/lungs. For me, it's like making crack, too much involved. Now you can say that for cannibutter and hash. And although I don't have too much against either of those I still stick to smoking. And also I have a crazy high tolerance to brownies etc. I need tons to get off. And lastly as already states the tolerance thing is def an issue for some. Afte a week of dabs you smoke a bowl of decent bud and don't feel anything.
    I guess for me what it comes down to is I take a hit of dabs, taste the chemicals and I feel scummy.

9. I just do whatever's healthiest so dabs it is if it's proper/ capable of getting

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Dabs have thir purpose, for medical wise

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #71 SIRSOG, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014

Can be made via ice water hash (bubble hash, full melt being the term for when it is dabbable) or with CO2, or a plethora of other solvents that are used in numerous different food grade extractions (though it is true not everyone is purging correctly, this is the issue, not the solvents used)

Cannabis can be fed a ton of "chemicals" (this term is used loosely and poorly now, purified water is a chemical) during the growing process that are actually not good for you... so...

Not saying you should be in love with, or even like dabbing, but honestly it sounds like you got poorly made oil which is leading to the experience you are having...

Ive never tasted solvent in my own oil... outside of the first few times i made it and i did a few things wrong...

Again, not saying your opinion of not liking them is wrong, more just clarifying when the process is done correctly these "chemicals" you dislike so much are more trace than inhaling cannabis burned by a bic lighter (that thing is filled with butane and you certainly inhale some if you use them) or even if you clean something with iso, and inhale fumes, you inhale likely thousands of times the amounts that would even be left in a semi good purge

Its all about the person making it... just like if someone grew bad weed, sprayed it with fertilizers, and sold it too you

thats not natural at all lol and its common

12. #72 keyser_soze, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
    I hear ya. And I never delved into it but smoked it here and there and always had a bad taste from many different makers. That's why I said in my opinion. Not knocking anyone who's into it and I'm sure there's many ways to make it without the alcohol taste. Just feels scummy to me. And it always ends up looking like boogers lol.

13. And by the way I know what you mean about weed sprayed with chemicals when I was desperate I would get some from a local college and several times I got shit that tasted like it was sprayed with straight up RAID. awful! And worse part is the shit wasn't even bad buds would have enjoyed it just fine. I guess some dick was trying to compete with better smelling nugs. So uncool

14. Heres my current issue with dabs. Im in a state where its not legal but every other week or so I can get 3 grams...some times I dont make it stretch tell the next pick up so all im left with is bud. So heres the issue dabs are so awesomely potent. No matter how good the bud it doesnt get you where you need to be. I sware if I had the lung compacity I could hit a full bowl no problem and will get a lingering high. So im forced a T break kind of. I just smoked 2 bowls. And my adhd is kicked in still typing all this. Hah....I miss dabs already. Only been 2 days

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I've done many dabs. But if I had to chose id pick flowers. Mostly out of convenience, it's pretty easy to just stick a nug in a bowl and light up. Plus rigs are expensive and you typically have to heat them up with a decent torch.

16. I must be the only one who doesn't experience this "tolerance" effect. I do, but not with flowers. I will get a tolerance to the shatter, and won't get high anymore. Then, when I get some flowers, supposedly 33% as potent, and it gets me RIPPED! The tolerance to the DABS doesn't seem to affect my tolerance to flowers. It's like the purge process of making concentrates removes something special that really gets me blazed that flowers have.

17. the entire act of dabbing is just too heavy in the process of using drugs i just cant seem to care about it. stoned 24/7 off the traditional method of smoking weed. :confused_2: