Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does anyone else not like the idea of dabs or wax or any of that?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Po4381994, Jan 16, 2014.

1. #21 turbotoke, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    Dabs are just the name for the actual hit.  You can dab with BHO, wax, Isohash or any other concentrate really.

2. I can agree with this in terms of the philosophy. Would this mean I wouldnt have oil on hand/around when I can? No. At the end of the day, I know the basic form of smoking weed is weed in a bowl. But for me, weed in a bong or other water pipe is the best situation. But I still own a bowl, and hypothetically, I would still own those oils as a treat for a special occasion like a party or something. 

I wouldn't smoke any oils daily though because yes I would be worried about the health effects of long term oil use, but also because your tolerance would be so retardedly high that fuckall amount of plant would even make you feel close, even if it is a different high.

3. Well in that case, I'm not even too sure what it was I had. I believe it was wax because of the way it looked. It was more solid and yellowish and had that waxy texture. I was probably just too high at the time and missed when the guy told us what exactly it was. Either way, I'd love to try all the forms of oil.

4. Probably wax or budder.  Those more solid concentrates are a lot easier to dab with than a more runny oil

5. Dabs are amazing. They have led me to cut back on MJ in every aspect. I was usually an all day smoker with bud. Dabs, one rip in the morn and I'm good to go for hours. Then once in the afternoon, and another before bed. 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Same here, I always wanted to try it.

7. I dab I think people need make sure there dabbing clean medicine when you are using bho. If you take a lighter to it and u see sparks come from u r oil it's not clean. I have had club oil that wasn't cleanSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. i think its a nice alternative. i do enjoy flowers more, but topping a bowl with some hash is nice, and dabs are nice every now and then. 

9. Nope, dabs are nice.

And of youre worried about solvent contamination, you can always make solventless Oil (whether it be Rosin or Ice water extraction).

Ill never stop smoking buds, but if I had better access to oil Id smoke alot of oil, and make cannabis caviar, because what stoner wouldnt soak buds in hashoil for several days and then smoke them?

10. [quote name="MajorStoner" post="19371733" timestamp="1390184422"]I love it. Makes it so much simpler to get my medicine quickly and simply. Plus, as much as I like smoking I prefer the rituals associated with oil more than flower. I still love rolling a J just to smoke, especially in the evening, but during the day I found it was just too time consuming to be packing bowls all the time. I end up smoking bowls almost constantly but I can space out my dabs more, even if I'm just chillin smoking.[/quote]exactly. It's just dab and done Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Dabs for lifeSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. "Dabbledoya"Signed, John E. Smoke.

13. I concur. I've dabbed a couple times. And I simply didn't enjoy the high. I don't like the feeling of my mind being completely "blank". (As in no thoughts were processing).

14. Agree with this!

I used to smoke all day, too. But now, a dab or two in the morning and HOURS of blissful high before I even think or feel the need to bump it again. But I respect the oil and I will take breaks from using it too often.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I just like that a quarter of oil/wax will last me months compared a quarter of bud that will last 2-3 days tops. I'm trying to stock up on as much as I can on it.

16. I don't think it's worth it. I've done it a few times, and for me it doesn't do anything. I feel a intense body high for about 5-10 minutes. When I smoke bud, I'm high for about an hour and a half. Maybe 2 hours, depending on what I'm smoking and how I smoke it. But I prefer the herb au naturale brotha

17. [quote name="LuxTenebris" post="19387564" timestamp="1390428008"]Nope, dabs are nice.And of youre worried about solvent contamination, you can always make solventless Oil (whether it be Rosin or Ice water extraction).Ill never stop smoking buds, but if I had better access to oil Id smoke alot of oil, and make cannabis caviar, because what stoner wouldnt soak buds in hashoil for several days and then smoke them?[/quote] That sounds dank Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. I've never tried it, but I don't have anything against it

19. I like feeling the bud. And grinding it. But I also love hitting dabs. Gotta try it all you know OP?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. #40 Zerve, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
    They're nice every once in a while, but I can't handle being that stoned (or having that high a tolerance) all the time. I have shit to do.

If you know your chemistry the fact that it's commonly made with butane shouldn't bother you. Next to all of it will be evaporated before, and any little bit left over will turn to water/co2.