does anyone else not like asking their parents for stuff?

Discussion in 'General' started by HighHaze, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Sam_Spade I'm sorry to hear that.

2. #22 Palmer Eldritch, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008
    I rarely ask for anything from my parent's but I don't feel bad when I do. Money causes problems when individuals hold wealth instead of the entire family. I'm sure you all have that rich family member that doesn't do shit for anyone else and the rest of you are bitter. Its not quite like that for me.

The resources of my family are available to all family members with the understanding that one day I could be asking something from my parents and then the next time, they might need something for me. Its our money, never my money, which also means that we spend our money wisely and respectfully if it came from someone else. Of course my earning power is much less than my parents right now, but I fully expect that my brother and I will be taking care of them when they get older. As well with any other family members that need help.

3. I really can't ask my parents for anything. They never buy me anything, or get me anything at all ever, unless its my birthday. I don't really get too many Christmas presents either. I have to earn every single thing I get and I am actually very glad that it is the way it is. I am very froogle and only get stuff if I absolutely need it.

4. same. my parents work so hard and i feel bad asking them for shit when i know im fully capable of buying my own shit.

5. yea man im crazy with guilt over how undeserving i am of my parents sometimes,

for instance, pops paid off my student loans when i dropped out and said fuck school. . .

and

it chokes me up

6. I almost never ask em for money.

Tho i jus got about 150 off them the other day so i could get what i needed to get to get where i needed to go.

Paid them back ASAP.

Ive never been spoiled and never been rich so ive never had money jus handed to me.

Back as a kid $50 was the limit for ALL YEARS SCHOOL CLOTHES.

Talkin $7 pairs of shoes n shit.

So i feel bad fa sho, Supposed to be a grown ass man and handle ya owns ya know.

But i know if i needed it, They'd do thier best to help me.

And same for them, I do everything i can for them.

Help them with thier bills on the reg.

7. Haha I appreciate it, but it's fine; they both had long happy lives.

I only wish each of us are as lucky as they were. :)

8. never ask em for anything.. theyve given enough.

I still have friends in their mid 20s that live off them tho.. its really pathetic. Especially cause nows when im starting to see alot of old friends/aquaintances finding their places in life and moving on.

9. If you're older than 18 and not living in their house anymore, I'd feel bad about asking for money too. If thats not the case... I wouldn't feel bad.

10. I feel bad up to a point, your parents are there for help and support