Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does anyone else hate the word "pot"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Hellbent, Jan 27, 2010.

1. I allways use the term Pot, i think it sounds cool, and i don't really like the terms "weed" and "dope".

Its a personal prefrence thing, like feinds that call it cheebs or cheeba :smoking:

2. i think we may be brothers man

3. i call it

piss

thats all i call it

you wanna smoke some piss?

yo let me take a hit of your piss

wow your piss smells strong

;)

4. I hate the term "blazed"

5. haha i love that word

6. I use the word pot, shoot me.

But I also use bud, herb, green, weed, and around others who don't smoke "popcorn"

7. To each his own man! I love the words "pot" and "weed" so.. yea lol

Not a fan of "stoner" or "pothead" as it connotes "lazy, good for nothing" which a lot of us definitely aren't. People don't realize how productive you can be while actively smoking.

8. . You just said the truth, the truth my boy.

9. Cant believe noone said Indo!

Guess its my age. I call it herb or weed. When I am with my usual group, I just say, wanna go smoke? I am the only one who smokes cigarettes so there is never a misunderstanding

10. I completely agree. it seems when you hear the word "pot" its all older folks, who have probably never tried the stuff. They always use it in a negative term, or with a negative tone of voice. e.g. Emphasis on a news cast or something

my favorite word is definitely "the kind herb" or the spanish slang term for the ganja "hierbo"

11. And a weed is considered an undesirable or troublesome plant, which is why I hate the word.

I dislike the term "marijuana" because it was used as "a derogatory "buzz" word used to stigmatize minority cannabis users and jazz musicians. Especially Mexicans. After Hearst Publications lost hundreds of acres of forest to Mexico. Hearst started smearing Mexicans. Mary Jane was supposedly Randolph Hearst arch enemy Poncho Villa's "prostitute, girl friend or some have said she "serviced Poncho and his men".

The constant reference in headlines of yellow journalism. This marihuana would make the lily white daughters of South Western state citizens become as loose as Poncho's whore "Mary Jane". It not only stigmatized the Mexicans and sided with the isolationists fearful of Mexicans crossing the border, stealing jobs. It kept the word cannabis and hemp from the stories. Lumping them all into one convenient item to prohibit." (What is the origin of the word 'marijuana'? Was this propaganda too? | Answerbag)

Cannabis is what it is properly called and should be called.

12. I call it tree(s). Most of my buddies say tree too.

13. ahh! this thread read my mind! pot... ugh.. i never use that word, and i hate it when other people do, dunno why tho. I call it weed almost always, but sometimes if i wanna be fun i'll call it herb or bud :confused_2:

14. im reading some of my older posts and i just laughed when i saw my post to this 1

but still

smoke piss

15. haha I like to say jokingly these days, "guys lets smoke some POT!" "Hey POT heads!" accentuating the word pot as a joke about how "bad" it is.

16. I like weed, herb, bud, ganja, mary-jane, cannabis. BUT not pot.

Pot has negetive connotations.

17. I hate the word pot! When I was in highschool, my parents would always say "You smoking pot with your friends?!: or a similar nature. I like saying chron, bud, weed, herb

18. I use bud, weed, or cannabis if I'm being sarcastic. I don't really like the word pot either, it does sound negative

19. #99 Izi, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2010
    I honestly do as well, I HATE when people say pot, it implies like dirtyness and just the overall grossness. I don't know, maybe it was because all the kids in my high school that were like the "burn outs" all said pot, instead of ganja, weed, bud, cannabis, maryjane, tweed (haha we were high when my bros and I made it up), herb, or marijuana like I do.

So I guess I might be biased, but seriously I hate it when people call it pot.

20. I hate it when people call it "dope". Idk it just seems so negative. Like they're talkin about heroin or something