Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does anyone else hate the word "pot"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Hellbent, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Yeah, I kind of always have. I mean, I still use it to this day on occasion and all, but it's hard not to be mindful of it's epithet-esque quality that it's held with many for so long. In some respects, I feel like the newer generation of the movement have kind of taken it back through positive use, but I think it's legacy is too ingrained to wash clean, you know? Also the fact that it is so directly associated and connected to cops in general. There's a billion better terms, I say, it's not hard to take the extra second to think of one.

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

2. I hate the word Cannabis.
    When they use the Latin names for Beer and Wine and Cigarettes then maybe.
    The Latinistas forcing Their Latin names on us is pathetic and condescending

Boo Cannabis

3. When my mom found out, she was like "do you smoke pot?" And the word just bothers me so much lmao. It makes her sound like the typical white mom lmao

Sent from my Z981 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I never used the word “pot” always weed now I try to say cannabis when I’m talking to a non smoker but, still throw the word “weed” around when talking to a smoker.

5. I actually think the word pot is okay. I just hate the word "dope" with burning passion. As you long your not calling your cannabis dope I'm fine with it.

6. I have no problem with it. Probably has a lot to do with when you started. For me that was 1970.

7. I was just gonna say that's from my old man's days and he was 20 in '75. He says pot to this day. I call it bud or marijuana when talking to the average folk. Cannabis is the current way of saying it, but they'll all come back around.

8. Same, pot makes it seem like its worse than it actually is, i use weed or bud

9. Bud is my preferred word. Anyone who refers to it as bud means nothing but good things and is usually a chill person.

Pot, marijuana, and cannabis I generally don’t like for different reasons. Weed is acceptable in most cases

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1